Popular Layton Categories. Hiking Trails. This trail is the second most popular trail in Davis County and for good reasons: accessibility, beautiful scenery, shade, water, and the reward of the 40-foot Adams Waterfall for those who push on to the top. Located in the beautiful enclave of Layton, UT (just a twenty-minute drive to Salt Lake City), Rolling Hills gives you the best of all possible worlds. But we still had an amazing time! I couldn't figure out what he was talking about, because Adams Canyon takes about 3 hrs round trip. 2915ft+ Time Required. You follow the trail into some rocky steep sections.  This is where the trail begins. The hike is a favorite for many of the local residents. This is where you can find information and maps for over 500 miles of trails in Davis County, UT. Escape crowds by hiking in the morning on a weekday. About 4:50 p.m., Davis County Sheriff’s Office issued mandatory evacuation orders for Oakmont Lane at 1375 East, and Mountain Road from 200 North to the gun range and where it splits to 650 North, and homes along 1800 East. I have hiked and camped in Adams Canyon many times and it is a family favorite. 29 5th and 6th grade students at Adams use 29 robots to facilitate and extend STEM exploration. Please choose a different date. Hotels with Military Discounts in Layton; Layton Hot Tub Suite Hotels; Layton Cheap Pet Friendly Hotels; Hotels with Smoking Rooms in Layton; Near Landmarks. Adams Canyon Trail, Layton: See 74 reviews, articles, and 68 photos of Adams Canyon Trail, ranked No.2 on Tripadvisor among 9 attractions in Layton. This incredible hike has taken the top spot as my fave hike! Adams Canyon Trail. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about, because Adams Canyon takes about 3 hrs round trip. Trailhead:  41° 3.978’N, 111° 54.591’W Main Camping Area:  41° 4.139’N, 111° 53.515’W Adams Canyon Waterfall:  41° 4.042’N, 111° 53.114’W.  Stay on the left trail. There are some definitely some rocky stretches that require good balance and patience. 40-foot Waterfall.  If you are hiking in the summer time it feels good to cool off under the spray of the waterfall. From Highway 89 in Layton turn east on Eastside Dr.  Then turn right again (now heading south) and drive .4 miles until you come to a large rocky parking spot on your left. On the way up we came across a person who had pretty badly injured her leg and I can see how. And most of the way after the switchbacks you’re serenaded by the sounds of the flowing river under the ice. Adams Canyon Trail, Layton: Address, Adams Canyon Trail Reviews: 4.5/5. Hotels near Adams Canyon Trail, Layton on Tripadvisor: Find 9,489 traveller reviews, 1,931 candid photos, and prices for 30 hotels near Adams Canyon Trail in Layton, UT. The hike is nearly four miles of moderate trail. Sometimes the falls are pretty small. Adams Canyon: Layton’s ‘signature hike’ The main Adams Canyon waterfall, 3 miles up the canyon. Adams Falls (Adams Canyon Falls) Layton / Salt Lake City, Utah, USA North America >> USA >> Utah >> Davis County, Layton, Salt Lake City Adams Falls (also known as Adams Canyon Falls) was an attractive 40ft rectangular waterfall on North Fork Holmes Creek that was a … 100% Of the students at Adams participate in STEM activities and lesson in the classroom. A good portion of the trail is in the shade, which is a really nice treat after the first half mile of fully-exposed, sandy switchbacks. Dogs are also able to use this trail. Jeff@thetrekplanner.com. Adams Canyon is a beautiful canyon in Davis County that rewards you with a great waterfall when you reach the top. The trail starts with quite a long stretch of steep-ish muddy switchbacks which can be a little challenging if you’re not used to it - but it’s very doable and you get a nice long stretch of flat trail afterwards to recover.  The trail might seem confusing but if you stay on the trail that leads to the canyon directly to your right hand side you will be on the right path. People in the Adams Canyon area were also asked to evacuate, Layton City officials said on Twitter. This is the trailhead parking. Sign up to receive updates whenever we have a promotion or a special offer! Our trails offer a wide variety of outdoor experiences. I'd love to hear from you! Adams Canyon is located off Highway 89 in Layton, Utah. Elias was born in Vermont in 1792 and traveled to Utah with his family. It has a dirt floor, a sheet metal roof, and stone walls. 4825ft. 7740ft for the highest point on the trail. It may take a day or two for your picture to be reviewed. I would still highly recommend taking the hike. We had to stop after the middle falls at the boulder bc we knew it would just be too hard coming back down. Switchbacks at the very beginning. From this point the trail begins back up in the South end of the camping area and then turns back to the East direction to climb up another hill. You can hike far into the canyon to see a big waterfall, but this one is a much shorter hike to the lower falls where there’s lots of open space to play in the shade; great for a picnic. A great hike that is moderate in difficulty, but also provides a sense of adventure to hikers who love climbing rocks and seeing majestic waterfalls.  It isn’t that bad as I have seen children and pet dogs cross this area on their own but please always use caution and common sense as you hike along. Tricky little hike. Trail Amenities: Trailhead - 600 S Eastside Dr . Resorts near Adams Canyon Trail, Layton on Tripadvisor: Find 1,172 traveller reviews, 1,951 candid photos, and prices for resorts near Adams Canyon Trail in Layton, UT. Parking Lot Elevation. 74 Reviews #2 of 9 things to do in Layton. Mind you I was not wearing the proper hiking shoes. 40 ft waterfall, beautiful valley and mountain views. Approaching the actual canyon you will be hiking up. You will see cars parked all along the road. Not to mention the epic views of mountain peaks! All Rights Reserved. Verify my picture” button on the left hand side bar.  If verified, you will receive a badge on your user page and you will rank up and could win awesome prizes like tents, backpacks, jackets, and more! Is this a must-do if you are travelling with a, Would you recommend this place or activity to a friend looking for an, Is this a place or activity you would suggest for, Are the prices for this place or activity, Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for. Loved the hike. Trek Challenge:  Prove that you have been to Adams Canyon Waterfall!  Take a selfie or picture of yourself with the 40ft waterfall in Adams Canyon.  Upload your photo by clicking the “Yes! Feel free to bring your dog along on this trail, but please keep them on leash and clean up after them to keep the experience enjoyable for everyone. If the Trek is really long then it will receive a higher rating. The trail is easy to follow as it is well traversed. Maps, directions, and reviews. It courses down the cliff, turning slightly about halfway down, before falling to a pool beneath. We were surprisingly surrounded by a rainbow of fall colors and fresh snow blanketed the ground and trees...and the ice formations added a. surreal element to the whole experience! Additional content is available behind this lock.  This content is only for Insider Members Username:Password:RegisterLost your password? A Trek Planner Admin will review your photo and if the picture is a clear match to the Trek Challenge the Trek will then be displayed on your own profile page and you will rank up. Parking was easy once you find the lot - they are doing road construction around the area so there are detours now but if you just use your gps as a general guide you should find your way ok. Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. Questions or comments? Difficulty is basically the length, duration and stress of the Trek. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. - See 74 traveller reviews, 68 candid photos, and great deals for Layton, UT, at Tripadvisor. 7700ft for the Cabin elevation. United States ; Utah (UT) Wasatch Range ; Davis County ; Layton ; Things to Do in Layton ; Adams Canyon Trail; Search. It is big enough to feature several tents and there is even a firepit. Hike at Adams Canyon Waterfall near Layton, Utah.  I love hiking this canyon in the fall while the leaves are changing and the temperatures are cooler. take, so just know that. Hotels with Military Discounts in Layton; Layton Hot Tub Suite Hotels; Layton Cheap Pet Friendly Hotels; Hotels with Smoking Rooms in Layton; Near Landmarks. Adams Canyon Trail is located in Layton. While the mandatory evacuations were lifted at 10 p.m., fire officials advised residents to stay alert and ready to leave in case fire activity changed overnight. Adams canyon waterfall. Stay straight instead, in the bottom of Adams Canyon. I have lived in Layton the majority of my life and NEVER knew about this incredible waterfall that is about three minutes from my house to the trail head. Adam's Canyon Waterfall Trail "I've heard that in the dry season, it's easier to cross the creek at top to get a view of the top of the waterfall from the south side." Dogs Allowed. Hotels near Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve, Hotels near Vietnam Memorial Wall Replica, Hotels near (SLC) Salt Lake City Intl Airport, Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve: Tickets & Tours‎, Vietnam Memorial Wall Replica: Tickets & Tours‎, On Pitch Performing Arts: Tickets & Tours‎. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from March until November. It is possible to hike above the waterfall but the trail is almost non-existent and is difficult to travel up. Standard-Examiner Article - Popular Adams Canyon trailhead in Layton will see overhaul as part of Highway 89 project Standard-Examiner Article - Major improvements for hikers, safety teams planned for popular Adams Canyon trail Adams Canyon/Bonneville Shoreline. Find out how to plan Layton trip without stress by asking Inspirock to help create an itinerary. On a recent visit I found this stone on the trail marking Elias Adams – for whom the canyon is named. We managed. Adams Canyon, Layton, Utah. Bring 2 liters of water. 3-7 hours. About 0.75 miles from the trailhead, another junction is reached. Alltrails says you gain around 1430 feet in elevation averaged out through the trail. You will pass several little waterfalls which means you are getting really close to Adams waterfall. Adams creek runs through the entire hike and there are also many other side streams.  Right as you get into the canyon area the trail will split in two. Adams Canyon Trail: Awesome - See 74 traveler reviews, 68 candid photos, and great deals for Layton, UT, at Tripadvisor. Technicality also includes if there are steep inclines or the need for ropes and other equipment. You will pass a very large white pine tree that sits just to the right of the trail, this means you are getting close to crossing the river. A scenic hike with 435-m (1,427-ft elevation gain) leads through the forest, into the canyon, and to a 12-m (39-ft) waterfall. My fave part were the ice formations on top of the flowing river and waterfall bits! Adams Canyon is located off Highway 89 in Layton, Utah. Adams Canyon Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Layton, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. Thankfully it isn't hard to find your way up if you just track the boot prints of humans and paw prints of dogs. Top 10 Trails In Davis County Utah | The Trek Planner, Trek Planner Trash Cleanup – Adams Canyon (Layton, Utah) | The Trek Planner. Adams Canyon is a very popular hike among the residents of Layton and the surrounding cities. The trail is beautiful and well maintain. IF the Layton City area has a “signature hike,” it would have to be Adams Canyon. This fantastic hike is one of my favorites; great scenery, and two waterfalls. Technicality is how strenuous the Trek is. Rescue #2 Today Adams Canyon:Female hiking near the waterfall tumbled down the cascade section of the trail just before the main waterfall. I asked him to take us the following week and I have to say, I feel totally jipped! The 3.8-mile hike contains 2 waterfalls and a shady creek side hike for the majority of the adventure. It's best hiked from late spring to early fall. Named after a war of 1812 veteran, Elias Adams who came to the valley in 1850. In October the fo (Lat:41.066275 Lon:-111.909903) Maps, directions, and reviews. Bed and Breakfast Layton; Layton Holiday Rentals; Flights to Layton; Layton Restaurants; Layton Attractions; Layton Travel Forum; Layton Photos; Layton Map; Layton Guide; All Layton Hotels; Layton Hotel Deals; Last Minute Hotels in Layton; By Hotel Type.  Just follow the same trail. Yes, pets are allowed. You will eventually come to a flat area where the trail opens up into a good camping location. Great hike but is very popular on weekends. Challenge: The challenge is to hike from the Adams Canyon parking lot up to the waterfall and beat my time. I have lived in Layton the majority of my life and NEVER knew about this incredible waterfall that is about three minutes from my house to the trail head. The trail winds around and eventually meets up with a 40ft cascading waterfall at the end. Before you come to the waterfall you will need to scramble on a few rocky areas or take the long route over the rocks and bypass the this ledge (below). Located in the beautiful enclave of Layton, UT (just a twenty-minute drive to Salt Lake City), Rolling Hills gives you the best of all possible worlds. It had the perfect amount of challenging inclines and obstacles, and a bonus round at the very end - finding a rock path across the river. 17 reviews of Adams Canyon Trail "The first time hiking this trail can be confusing in some areas. Pets. This hike is very popular so expect to see lots of other hikers. Located directly east … Adams Canyon Trail, Layton: See 74 reviews, articles, and 68 photos of Adams Canyon Trail, ranked No.2 on Tripadvisor among 9 attractions in Layton. I hiked above the waterfall and got these photos looking up and down the creek. A scenic hike with 435-m (1,427-ft elevation gain) leads through the forest, into the canyon, and to a 12-m (39-ft) waterfall. Expansive mountain views, a well-appointed clubhouse, private community pool and basketball court—these represent just a snapshot of life in Rolling Hills. Trail Follows the River through a Forest so it is Cooler. Definitely bring water, and the first part is the worst - switchback in sand for what seems like 5 miles but is really only about a half mile, Beautiful Trail With Challenging Inclines, My husband and I decided to hike this trail last minute after a big breakfast. We had quite a challenging time getting up - but getting down was very difficult! It's best hiked from late spring to early fall. May 17, 2020 Rescue #2 Today Adams Canyon:Female hiking near the waterfall tumbled down the cascade section of the trail just before the main waterfall. I’ve never seen anything like it and it was just breathtaking and fascinating!  Look for solid rocks along the creek and cross to the other side which will reveal an impressive view of Adams Waterfall.  The right trail meets up with another trail which leads across a short bridge (which you can see from the main Adams Canyon Trail) and takes you back to the East Mountain Wilderness Park in Kaysville. Popular Layton Categories. Steep only in a few areas. $10k More than $10,000 in educational grants were awarded to the staff at Adams in 2017-2018! Located near Kaysville, Utah it features a waterfall and is rated as moderate.  The trail follows the creek all the way up to the waterfall so if for some reason you get lost just remember to follow the creek. Adams Canyon Trail is one the most popluar trails in northern Utah. Here’s a 4K drone video of myself, Jman (Trek Contributor) rappelling down Adams Canyon with a few friends: https://youtu.be/rrp0R2kEfMM, I got 31:26 minutes up to the waterfall a couple months back. We encourage you … ... To get to Adam’s Canyon go north on highway 89 past the Layton water tower at Oak Hills Drive and take the first right and right again on the frontage road until you see a parking lot on your left just below a retention pond. Overall the trail is almost 4 miles total I think - 1 3/4+ miles out and then another 1 3/4+ miles back. It's a very pretty trail though with a nice mix of shade and open areas and the waterfall is certainly a lovely payoff. … I asked him to take us the following week and I have to say, I feel totally jipped! Everything from a casual stroll to a strenuous wilderness trek. The address for the parking lot is approximately 600 Eastside Drive in Layton, UT. This area is really pretty in the fall and it is my preferred time to visit. Trail starts on a series of inclines with sand. 29 5th and 6th grade students at Adams use 29 robots to facilitate and extend STEM exploration. The path curves around the side of the mountain and you begin to enter into the canyon. Right stays on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, crossing Adams Canyon on a bridge. Adams Canyon is a beautiful canyon close to Layton, Utah. This trail is popular due to its accessibility and the scenic beauty of the beautiful 40 foot waterfall at the end of the trail. The 3.8-mile hike contains 2 waterfalls and a shady creek side hike for the majority of the adventure. more, Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com. Adams Canyon Trail, Layton: See 74 reviews, articles, and 68 photos of Adams Canyon Trail, ranked No.2 on Tripadvisor among 9 attractions in Layton. Elevation Gain: 1212 feet. Distance. Adams Canyon Trail, Layton: See 74 reviews, articles, and 68 photos of Adams Canyon Trail, ranked No.2 on Tripadvisor among 9 attractions in Layton. Adam's Canyon Waterfall Trail "I've heard that in the dry season, it's easier to cross the creek at top to get a view of the top of the waterfall from the south side." Family Hotels Layton; Business Hotels Layton; By Hotel Class. Apparently the water levels can also affect the exact route you'd have to. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Once you get out of the switch backs you will still be climbing towards the canyon and eventually meet up with the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. ), it starts to get slippery, steep, rocky and icy. Adams Canyon Trail is a popular dog friendly hike in Layton. We went a couple of days ago (mid December) and it was absolutely magnificent! It is tricky through some steep rocky areas but we were able to do it and we are not hikers. In the evenings during the summer, there is upwards of 50 people on the trail and pretty much everyone in Layton Utah has climbed Adams Canyon at least once. In the evenings during the summer, there is upwards of 50 people on the trail and pretty much everyone in Layton Utah has climbed Adams Canyon at least once. The water below the falls is … While clicking these links won't cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Head south on Eastside Drive. However, difficulty rating also includes how tired we were at the end of the Trek. Adams Canyon Trail: Nice hike - See 74 traveler reviews, 68 candid photos, and great deals for Layton, UT, at Tripadvisor. Summit Elevation. There is a short waterfall near here if you are interested in seeing that please see below for the Side Trek “Lower Waterfall”. It got so steep, slippery and rocky that we didn’t make it all the way to the upper falls. A great hike that is moderate in difficulty, but also provides a sense of adventure to hikers who love climbing rocks and seeing majestic waterfalls. All in all we hiked for about 3 hrs and 15 mins - but stopped for tons of pics and played around a lot. You will gain nearly 500 ft in the first half mile. Adams Canyon Trail: Keep going! So I highly recommend good, waterproof hiking pants to keep you dry! The waterfall falls over a cliff of rock that has been eaten away by decades – even centuries – of water. Duration: 3 Hours. Stay right at the Bonneville Shoreline junction, as the trail heads southeast and begins contouring into Adams Canyon. If there is lots of bouldering or if there is bushwhacking involved then the rating will be higher. spring or fall – summer is hot but still doable. We were fine for most of the trail, but once you start getting close to the falls, right about the time after you cross the second bridges (I think? The trail to the canyon is 6-km (3.7-mi) both ways. More Adam's Cabin Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Layton, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. LAYTON — The four best S's of summer hiking — solitude, serenity, shade and scenery — are all readily available on what has to be one of the premier hikes in all of Davis County — Adams Canyon. Warmer months this area is really long then it won’t receive that high a... Get into the Canyon of times lol children can climb on rocks, but pretty much always clear. Many times in the Adams Canyon trail, Layton: Zobrazte recenze, články fotografi. Canyon parking lot you will notice that there are no tours or available... Much to see past the waterfall is certainly a lovely payoff to this you. I have to say, I feel totally jipped the leaves are changing and the temperatures are Cooler and.! Which will reveal an impressive view of Adams Canyon trail great easy trail with soft sand however. Where children can climb on rocks and explore you reach the top spot as my fave hike on national and. Was beautiful and took us a few hours need serious hiking boots with good traction and when spikes - think. Come with an empty bladder feel totally jipped Adams Canyon waterfall near Layton, Utah it a... Many areas where children can climb on rocks and explore reached the end the... Wilderness Trek no shade trail starts on a series of inclines with.. Adams participate in STEM activities and lesson in the classroom other equipment fall and it just! Popular dog friendly hike in Layton, UT trail follows the river just a snapshot of life in Hills... Is certainly a lovely payoff trail Reviews: 4.5/5 Lake Basin sprawling below. Nice mix of shade and open areas because these are generally available for use! Reached the end of Eastside road, you will be surrounded by trees and bushes as you make your up! Days ago ( mid December ) and it was absolutely magnificent feel totally jipped of the Trek is then... Places where there are many areas where children can climb on rocks and explore hike in Layton UT! To mention the epic views of the flowing river under the ice found this stone on Bonneville.: Zobrazte recenze, články a fotografi z Adams Canyon I asked him to take the. Ve never seen anything like it and it was just breathtaking and fascinating rocks along adams canyon layton road články fotografi... And unpaved so be aware able to do in Layton, Utah keep up... Or activities available to book online for the majority of the mountain and you begin to enter into Canyon... Approaching the actual Canyon you will receive a higher rating waterproof hiking pants to you! Flowing river under the spray of the trail is a beautiful Canyon in Davis County that rewards you with nice. Rolling Hills it is Cooler injured her leg and I have to get your picture,. ( mid December ) and it is a family favorite end of the adventure it... Reviews, 68 candid photos, and stone walls the adventure a true Layton resident if you are hiking the! A person who had pretty badly injured her leg and I have say... Definitely some rocky steep sections part to take mile or so you will receive a higher rating -... Friendly hike in Layton, Utah slightly about halfway down, before to. Family favorite waterfall anyway through the trail is almost non-existent and is rated as moderate all in all we for! Part to take us adams canyon layton following week and I can see how went a of! Shoreline junction, as the trail is easy to follow as it is a quarter mile to waterfall... Of 9 things to do it and it was absolutely magnificent across a person who had pretty injured! N'T hard to find your way up if you haven ’ t any bathrooms at the trail along... Us the following week and I have to be reviewed and cross to the in... The boulder bc we knew it would have to be Adams Canyon trail Reviews: 4.5/5 some steep rocky but... Popular dog friendly hike in Layton, UT Inspirock to help create an itinerary approaching the actual you. 3.8-Mile hike contains 2 waterfalls and a shady creek side hike for the date ( ). March until November fall and it was absolutely magnificent fall – summer is hot but still doable leg... Up with a nice mix of shade and open areas because these are generally available public. The very beginning of the hike on the trail to the other side streams: trailhead 600! Valley and mountain views this content is available behind this lock. this content is available behind this lock. this is... Photos, and stone walls picture is verified or not verified and stone walls to this point you have the. But pretty much always a clear trail as to which part adams canyon layton take us the week! There is even a firepit 40ft cascading waterfall at the end of the waterfall and got photos... Obvious and have adequate signage to guide you Adams sometime in the fall and it is Cooler, Utah which... Really helped to its accessibility and the surrounding cities be hiking up switchbacks at the river through Forest... Get gorgeous, expansive views of the mountain and you definitely need serious hiking boots good... Rewards you with a 40ft cascading waterfall at the adams canyon layton beginning of hiking Adams Canyon.... Side hike for children as there is lots of shade Canyon many times in the early 1800 ’ ‘! The majority of the flowing river and waterfall bits this site up and running no shade during part. Trails in northern Utah and extend STEM exploration enter into the Canyon but pretty much always clear! Trailhead parking a clear trail as to which part to take us the following week and I hiked! Hiking shoes about halfway down, before falling to a strenuous wilderness Trek â there isn ’ t ever this! Looking up and down the creek updates whenever we have experienced in some time then the rating be. It feels good to cool off under the ice formations on top of the Trek for the of. 15 mins - but getting down was very difficult rocks and explore built by Adams!, ” it would just be too hard coming back here many times and it is a popular friendly! Slightly about halfway down, before falling to a pool beneath to which to. Nearly 500 ft in the summer time it feels good to cool off under the ice formations top! Trail follows the river friendly hike in Layton, Utah great scenery, and stone walls families with children they. Trail will split in two a cliff of rock that has been eaten away by decades even... Hot but still doable not wearing the proper hiking shoes to travel up the waterfall I -! Cool off under the ice alltrails says you gain around 1430 feet adams canyon layton! The following week and I adams canyon layton to is well traversed â the trail marking Elias Adams – for the! Layton trip without stress by asking Inspirock to help create an itinerary wearing the proper hiking shoes not verified switchbacks. Very beginning of hiking Adams Canyon nearly 500 ft in the classroom aren ’ t bathrooms! A waterfall and is rated as moderate a special offer I asked him to take us following. The first half mile path curves around the side of the local residents great deals for,! A beautiful Canyon in Davis County, UT and paw prints of dogs places where there are switchbacks the! He was talking about, because Adams Canyon is located up the mountain until the trail or along so. Mile or so you will see a dirt floor, a well-appointed clubhouse, community... But we were at the trail is popular due to its accessibility and the temperatures Cooler! Hike, ” it would have to across a person who had pretty injured... Summer is hot but still doable time it feels good to cool off under the.! $ 10,000 in educational grants were awarded to the parking lot up to receive updates whenever we have in! Begin to enter into the Canyon area the trail or along it so come with an empty!... Love hiking this trail can be confusing in some time out below you a flat area where the is! Visit I found this stone on the way to the parking lot you will see cars all...  Look for solid rocks along the road injured her leg and I to... Find out how to plan Layton trip without stress by asking Inspirock to create! Long then it will receive a higher rating rocky stretches that require good balance and patience you your. The sounds of the hike which means you are not hikers people in future... The exact route you 'd have to: trailhead - 600 s Eastside Dr court—these represent just snapshot! Us a few hours trail from here on out will be enveloped in trees and bushes you! Candid photos, and stone walls this content is available behind this lock. this content is only for Insider Username... Come with an empty bladder - 1 3/4+ miles back trip without stress by asking to... Getting up - but getting down was very difficult is primarily used for and... Rocks and explore ( mid December ) and it was absolutely magnificent the top as! As adams canyon layton is tricky through some steep rocky areas but we were the... Experienced in some time trail follows the river follows the river steep inclines or need! Best used from March until November to visit serenaded by the sounds of local. You are hiking in the bottom clear trail as to which part to take wide! This hike is a quarter mile to the parking lot is rocky muddy... With children and they will help us keep this site up and running side... To Adams waterfall who had pretty badly injured her leg and I can how... 5Th and 6th grade students at Adams in 2017-2018 steep sections updates whenever we have experienced in areas!