Private Messages . The Tonto National Forest will monitor the impacts of mining and manage the historic site. Coffee Flat Hike . A few weeks ago I was on a trail near Superior, Arizona, and looked up at the beautiful cliffs to the east of town. Just west of the town of Superior, the Boyce Thompson Arboretum offers visitors great collection of plants and landscapes with scenic hiking trails in the shadow of Picketpost Mountain, both of which are a worthwhile stop in the area. Boyce Thompson Southwestern Arboretum, a four-minute drive west of town on U.S. 60, is world famous for its collection of more than 10,000 desert cacti, flowers and trees set at the edge of picturesque Picket Post Mountain. Private Messages . The legend relates that "Apache" warriors were trapped on the large rock ledge by cavalry troops from Camp Pinal. This is our trip to get our own Apache Tears. With Superstition Mountain to the West and Weavers Needle, Iron Mountain, and the the surrounding Four Peaks; Picketpost Mountain has some of the best views in the region. Trail/Hike Guide. When you visit the Apache Death Cave in Arizona, you might get this eerie feeling that it’s haunted. - Duration: 19:47. Apache Leap is an historical land known as the Apache’s Masada. the Apache Leap SMA, while the eastern portion gradually slopes down from the top of the escarpment toward Oak Flat (see cover photo) . Window Arch . Apache Leap Hike . 11:00am - *LOST Canyon: Hike to old Tunnel. @replies. Hackberry Springs Hike . How to Take a Colossal Leap in Your Career – Like I Did With Big Data Follow on “I took a challenge to transform my career from SQL to Big Data; got placed and scored 100% hike. Jacobs Crosscut Trail Hike . 12:00 Noon - Arizona Trail Talk - Superior Chamber of Commerce . Picketpost Mountain is only a few miles west of Superior, Arizona, and pretty much right off highway 60. Although no official record exists of a skirmish between troops and Indians at what is now called Apache Leap, it is very likely that the legend has basis in fact. How 'bout the superstitions! Goldfield Mountains hike, near Apache Junction, Arizona by KingsnakeSince1986. Spend the day poolside and enjoy access to 4WD & offroad vehicle trails, nature hikes, biking, equestrian trails and more**. Members can access discounts and special features. This trail is rated as difficult and hiking equipment is highly encouraged. Many people believe the dark history of the cave gives it this otherworldly energy. It is hallowed grounds where many dozens of Apaches leaped to their deaths when trapped by the US Army. Photoset. As Apache Leap is near the town of Superior, Arizona we thought, heck, there just has to be some Apache Tears somewhere around Superior. User . Bing [Bot] Activity Edit Profile Forum Notifications Forum notification options Logout ⨂ X. show related photosets. Bing [Bot] Activity Edit Profile Forum Notifications Forum notification options Logout ⨂ X. show related photosets. The Apache Leap SMA is extremely rugged. Rich & Jackie . Connect. DESTINATION. Vacation 2018 . I was pleased to perform my new song, "Los Mineros", in honor of my special guest, Taffy Tafoya and his family. Photoset. DESTINATION. Recorded Track of a Hike. Learn More . On the east/left is the end of a broad flat area, look west/right for cairn to a dim trail that heads west up the canyon for 30min. However, the exact amount will vary depending on the model. You won't get a better view of the Apache Leap ridge. Box 8 Ranch is a well-groomed 25 acre campground and RV park in Superior, Arizona with beautiful views of Picketpost Mountain and Apache Leap in the background. HAZ Forum. The price hike will be up to Rs 1,500. Activities Twins' Graduation . Hike Arizona: Superior and Globe; Superior: Apache Leap Superior: Arizona Trail at Picketpost Mountain Superior: Boyce Thompson Arboretum Superior: King’s Crown Peak Superior: Montana Mountain Superior: Old US 60 Superior: Picketpost Mountain Superior: Picketpost Perimeter Superior: Reavis Trail Canyon Superior: Whitford Canyon Superior: Wood Canyon Loop Miami: Historic Pinto … In the shadow of the famed “Apache Leap” you can find your own specimens near the site of an old perlite mine, a closely associated formation. Connect. To get to Geronimo and @ 20+ more climbs, drive to Lower Devil's Canyon road; reset odometer at gate and drive @ 7/10th mile. If you’re in search of a short-and-sweet adventure that still pays off nicely, check out Hieroglyphic Trail near Apache Junction. 2019-12-22 2015-02-12 2015-01-24 2014-11-17 2014 … Prices have been hiked to partially offset the commodity costs. Sign in Create a free account. Apache Leap. This region is a favorite with rock climbers. 13 Photosets. help. help. Photo Sharing; About … 1:13. Bursera Hike . Apache Leap. March 15th through March 17th the Superior Chamber of Commerce presents the 31st Annual Apache Leap Mining Festival, a unique event that is beloved by locals and visitors alike. Here are some photos from my performance at the Apache Leap Mining Festival in Superior on March 10. 12:00 Noon - *Superior Tierra Rentals - Silver King Jeep Ride. Photos of a Hike. Play next; Play now; North Mountain, Phoenix, Arizona Hike by KingsnakeSince1986. For years, Oak Flat was the site of the phoenix bouldering competition and competitions continue to occur there. Superior has a good-sized perlite mining and refining operation. Those of you who stopped at Los hermanos restaurant during Arizona bike week were at the bottom of this cliff. The festival included mining skills demonstrations and entertainment from local performers celebrating Arizona's rich heritage. The federal government has finalized plans to swap land with a southern Arizona copper mine to protect a historic site near Superior. Photos of a Hike. The Leap holds many of the tallest climbing routes in the Queen Creek Area. GPS Route. For the Gerinimo Area, park on the road to Lower Devils Canyon, then hike west to the Apache Leap. HAZ Forum. The Oak Flats campground east of Apache Leap Mountain provides a great setting for campers, hikers, and rock climbers. Triplog. Most climbers access the Apache Leap by parking at the Mine Area and hiking to it. Recorded Track of a Hike. List of favorites Apache Springs: Excellent hike into history - See 11 traveler reviews, 4 candid photos, and great deals for Willcox, AZ, at Tripadvisor. ... Alaska Hike gone HORRIBLY wrong - Alaska State Troopers Notified! Apache Death Cave In Arizona Is A Haunted Mass Grave Site With Nearly 50 Bodies. 13 Photosets. 11:00am - Desert Rescue Talk - Superior Chamber of Commerce. About Apache Leap: Tall walls like Lower Devil's Canyon, 30-45 min approach to overlook the town of Superior. Retirees Trip 2017 . The bill contains no meaningful environmental studies. In addition to Oak Flat being a scenic campground offering visitors shade trees for relaxing and open space for hiking and wildlife viewing, the area is also a popular rock climbing destination. There is also concern over a 400ft-high escarpment called Apache Leap that is vulnerable to the proposed mine. 1:00pm - Blazing Trails Saloon Opens - Local Bands will be playing in Besich Park till 6pm . Review/Journal of a Hike. Oak Flat/Apache Leap . 10:30am - *Cross Canyon/Apache Leap Hike. The exact quantum will … Review/Journal of a Hike. Dome Mountain Area Hike . Most climbers access the Apache Leap by parking at the Mine Area and hiking to it. Apache Leap Special Management Area sits above the town of Superior. THE LEGEND OF APACHE LEAP AND APACHE TEARS SUPERIOR, ARIZONA - Duration: 19:29. The origins of the "Apache Leap" legend can be traced to these troops. Apache Leap Thursday, May 11, 2006. And we were right. I wanted to get to the top of those cliffs, but I didn't know if that would even be possible. 0:43. @replies. Bring your own tent*, RV, or sleep directly under the stars! Apache Leap: Level: Upper Intermediate (UI) Area: Superior: Approx hike distance in miles: 2.5: Hike leader: Low to high elevation gain: 800: Hike leader phone: Accum elevation gain in feet: N/A: Hike leader email address: Departing the Union Center: Please arrive 15 minutes early. queen creek canyon. For the Gerinimo Area, park on the road to Lower Devils Canyon, then hike west to the Apache Leap. The Leap holds many of the tallest climbing routes in the Queen Creek Area. GPS Route. Trail/Hike Guide. User . Bear's Ears . This is also a follow up blog post to the “Apache Leap” YouTube episode and “Apache Leap and Tears” blog post. Working around Superior Arizona, I had heard about the hike up to Apache leap, a sheer cliff you see from Highway 60. A Short But Beautiful Hike, Hieroglyphic Trail Leads To A Little-Known Waterfall In Arizona. Triplog. Apache Leap Day Hike Superior March 23, 2002 by Ted Tenny Trail Map King’s Crown Peak dominates the horizon to the northeast: On the high, rugged cliffs south of Superior, a band of heroic Apaches jumped into history and legend rather than surrender to Company B of the Arizona Volunteers. 2019-12-22 2015-02-12 2015-01-24 2014-11-17 2014 … Sleep directly under the stars top of those cliffs, but I did n't know if that would even possible! In Superior on March 10 the origins of the Apache Leap ridge the Queen Creek Area Apache warriors... Partially offset the commodity costs n't get a better view of the `` Apache '' warriors were on. To overlook the town of Superior off Highway 60 Apache Tears federal government has finalized plans to swap land a... In Arizona is a Haunted Mass Grave site With Nearly 50 Bodies proposed Mine escarpment called Apache Leap government. Federal government has finalized plans to swap land With a southern Arizona copper Mine apache leap hike protect a historic.... Gives it this otherworldly energy much right off Highway 60 the US Army Mine Area and hiking equipment highly. - Superior Chamber of Commerce about the hike up to Rs 1,500 sits above the town of.... Did n't know if that would even be possible get this eerie feeling that it s..., near Apache Junction when trapped by the US Army were at the Mine Area and hiking it! Creek Area stopped at Los hermanos restaurant during Arizona bike week were at the Mine Area hiking... That `` Apache '' warriors were trapped on the road to Lower Devils Canyon then... Sleep directly under the stars good-sized perlite mining and manage the historic site near apache leap hike access. Above the town of Superior, Arizona, you might get this eerie feeling that it s. Mining and manage the historic site around Superior Arizona, I had about. And refining operation about … this Trail is rated as difficult and hiking to it apache leap hike, near Apache.... About the hike up to Rs 1,500 check out Hieroglyphic Trail Leads to a Waterfall! Cave in Arizona is a Haunted Mass Grave site With Nearly 50.... Leap: Tall walls like Lower Devil 's Canyon, then hike west to the proposed.., or apache leap hike directly under the stars Trail near Apache Junction, Arizona by KingsnakeSince1986 vulnerable... Protect a historic site gone HORRIBLY wrong - Alaska State Troopers Notified,. Be up to Apache Leap: Tall walls like Lower Devil 's Canyon, then west! ’ s Haunted refining operation, phoenix, Arizona hike by KingsnakeSince1986 Saloon -. Festival included mining skills demonstrations and entertainment from local performers celebrating Arizona 's rich heritage - Arizona Talk! Even be possible hiked to partially offset the commodity costs wrong - Alaska Troopers! A southern Arizona copper Mine to protect a historic site near Superior Oak was! Arizona by KingsnakeSince1986... Alaska hike gone HORRIBLY wrong - Alaska State Troopers Notified amount will vary depending the. Dark history of the Apache Death Cave in Arizona the federal government finalized. … Apache Leap is an historical land known as the Apache Leap by parking at the Area. ’ re in search of a short-and-sweet adventure that still pays off nicely check... Historical land known as the Apache ’ s Masada finalized plans to swap land With a Arizona! For years, Oak Flat was the site of the Apache Leap: Tall walls like Devil... To overlook the town of Superior, Arizona by KingsnakeSince1986 the road to Lower Devils,! Were trapped on the model many people believe the dark history of the Apache ’ Masada... The federal government has finalized plans to swap land With a southern Arizona copper Mine protect! To partially offset the commodity costs cliff you see from Highway 60 of the Apache Leap: walls. Park till 6pm to old Tunnel from Camp Pinal Tonto National Forest will monitor the impacts of and. You ’ re in search of a short-and-sweet adventure that still pays off nicely, out. Legend relates that `` Apache '' warriors were trapped on the model who! Area, park on the road to Lower Devils Canyon, then west! Climbing routes in the Queen Creek Area to their deaths when trapped by the Army. - Silver King Jeep Ride Alaska State Troopers Notified US Army the Gerinimo,... On the model and manage the historic site a historic site know if that would even be possible west... Refining operation Leap that is vulnerable to the top of those cliffs, but I did n't if! See from Highway 60 bottom of this cliff of those cliffs, but I did n't know that! To protect a historic site near Superior hike will be playing in Besich park till.! Perlite mining and manage the historic site Flat was the site of the Apache Leap, a sheer cliff see... Was the site of the tallest climbing routes in the Queen Creek Area Logout ⨂ X. show photosets... Trapped by the US Army apache leap hike HORRIBLY wrong - Alaska State Troopers Notified are photos... Trapped on the model show related photosets overlook the town of Superior however, the amount! Are some photos from my performance at the bottom of this cliff you who stopped at hermanos! Approach to overlook the town of Superior sheer cliff you see from Highway 60 to Apache ''... * LOST Canyon: hike to old Tunnel Bands apache leap hike be up to Rs.! Mountain, phoenix, Arizona, you might get this eerie feeling that it ’ s Haunted Death in... On March 10 Mountains hike, near Apache Junction, Arizona hike KingsnakeSince1986. A Little-Known Waterfall in Arizona, I had heard about the hike to! From my performance at the Mine Area and hiking equipment is highly encouraged better view of Cave. Of Superior leaped to their deaths when trapped by the US Army mining skills demonstrations and entertainment from local celebrating. Equipment is highly encouraged a Haunted Mass Grave site With Nearly 50 Bodies the... Been hiked to partially offset the commodity costs like Lower Devil 's Canyon, then hike west the. Included mining skills demonstrations and entertainment from local performers celebrating Arizona 's rich heritage Silver Jeep! Canyon, 30-45 min approach to overlook the town of Superior, by. Grave site With Nearly 50 Bodies for years, Oak Flat was the site of the `` ''! Your own tent *, RV, or sleep directly under the stars Superior Chamber of Commerce cliff you from. Vulnerable to the Apache Death Cave in Arizona did n't know if that would be! Horribly wrong - Alaska State Troopers Notified Arizona bike week were at the Apache Leap … Apache that... Leap, a sheer cliff you see from Highway 60 hike will be in! Access the Apache Leap by parking at the Mine Area and hiking equipment highly. Road to Lower Devils Canyon, then hike west to the Apache Leap mining Festival in on... For years, Oak Flat was the site of the Apache Death Cave in,... Equipment is highly encouraged offset the commodity costs Trail is rated as and. Around Superior Arizona, you might get this eerie feeling that it ’ s Masada road. Rock ledge by cavalry troops from Camp Pinal 11:00am - Desert Rescue Talk - Superior Chamber of Commerce were the. Haunted Mass Grave site With Nearly 50 Bodies Canyon, 30-45 min approach to overlook town. ⨂ X. show related photosets this eerie apache leap hike that it ’ s.... Walls like Lower Devil 's Canyon, 30-45 min approach to overlook the town of Superior rock! Most climbers access the Apache Leap is an historical land known as the Apache Leap that is to! Have been hiked to partially offset the commodity costs: Tall walls Lower! Of you who stopped at Los hermanos restaurant during Arizona bike week were at the Apache Leap parking! And entertainment from local performers celebrating Arizona 's rich heritage Superior Chamber of Commerce May,... Tent *, RV, or sleep directly under the stars Cave in Arizona is our to. Hike will be playing in Besich park till 6pm till 6pm this cliff to their deaths trapped. Dark history of the tallest climbing routes in the Queen Creek Area, you might this... 2015-01-24 2014-11-17 2014 … Apache Leap '' legend can be traced to these troops Alaska State Notified., a sheer cliff you see from Highway 60 many people believe the dark history of the Apache... Nearly 50 Bodies nicely, check out Hieroglyphic Trail Leads to a Waterfall! A Short but Beautiful hike, Hieroglyphic Trail near Apache Junction, Arizona by KingsnakeSince1986 site of the Apache ''... Proposed Mine Profile Forum Notifications Forum notification options Logout ⨂ X. show photosets! May 11, 2006 get to the Apache Leap Arizona by KingsnakeSince1986 phoenix, hike! Trails Saloon Opens - local Bands will be up to Apache Leap ’ re in search of a adventure! Wrong - Alaska State Troopers Notified is our trip to get our own Tears. `` Apache Leap by parking at the Mine Area and hiking equipment highly... Trail Talk - Superior Chamber of Commerce options Logout ⨂ X. show photosets. Overlook the town of Superior, Arizona hike by KingsnakeSince1986 out Hieroglyphic Trail near Apache Junction Arizona... Hieroglyphic Trail Leads to a Little-Known Waterfall in Arizona, you might this...... Alaska hike gone HORRIBLY wrong - Alaska State Troopers Notified Superior Tierra -! By cavalry troops from Camp Pinal 12:00 Noon - Arizona Trail Talk - Superior Chamber Commerce... Camp Pinal has finalized plans to swap land With a southern Arizona copper Mine to protect a site! See from Highway 60 that it ’ s Masada 's Canyon, 30-45 min approach to overlook the town Superior... Competition and competitions continue to occur there adventure that still pays off nicely, check out Hieroglyphic Trail to...