Happy Birthday to your mom! i accidentally overbaked it slightly and it was stll so soft an delcious – i think we ate half in one go! Or, if you want to just ship just one cookie, give this Scalloped Treasure Cookie Box a try. Make and glaze and then freeze? xTieghan. I had to rebake them after putting the glaze and cutting into them because That had to be eaten with a spoon, they were so gooey! , Wow that is so amazing to hear! Whenever I receive your recipes, I just right to the recipe for ingredients….I know 100% that the recipe will be delicious! Amazing as always. xTieghan. I love using a heavy-duty cardboard box, think something like a nice hatbox. xTieghan. Thank you for trying this one! I am sorry this did not turn out as expected! – Fudge Well, ok. I’ll probably switch it up next Friday, but my point is that I have so many fall apple recipes written on my “to make” list. Will definitely be making these again this fall! Definitely making them this Sunday!!! Thanks so much!! A yummy one, yes, but still, not what I was wanting. I need to invest in a good tin baking dish, I think. xTieghan. For the last three years I’ve done a square cookie, but this year I switched it up with a slightly larger rectangular box and I could not love this box more! Instead of the usual brownies or chocolate chip cookies, I am going to make this recipe my go-to dessert for family gatherings. For starters, there’s browned butter, apple butter, and fresh apples too. – lemon bars, xTieghan. Hi Ray! Were your leveling agents fresh? xTieghan. You’ll want to choose a sturdy box that can handle shipping. Gingerbread cookies The end result was cake. I may try making these again and decrease the amount of flour and/or baking time and see what happens. Mine also produced more of a cake like texture, but they’re delicious. Gutted I have to wait until I’ve made apple butter before I can make these, ha ha! Buttery, apple filled, flavored with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla, and topped with delicious and perfectly sweet maple glaze. Thank you so much Thy! Not sure if I did something wrong! The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. Weeknight style Cheesy Baked Crispy Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Ranch…and all the toppings. These are phenomenal!! Would make again and add walnuts for some added texture. These were DELICIOUS! xTieghan. These are great to make and so delicious! Cooked until a knife came out almost clean. Yes those would work! Again, I figured it’s 2020…anything goes…and when it comes to Christmas sweets, the more the merrier! Love to hear that, Laurel! https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-skillet-blondies Thank you! I love to use apple butter on toast, chicken, and cocktails! https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/brown-sugar-maple-cookies/ will definitely make it again! The flavor is awesome though and the extra step to make homemade apple butter was the right choice! These all sound so great! They made the entire kitchen smell delicious and this will for sure be a go back to recipe!! – Sugar Cookies (gluten free) Happy Holidays! Thank you so much Kristine! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas All! Thanks so much Nichelle!! To cool the bars quickly for frosting: place in freezer for 15 minutes. Sep 27, 2020 - These are some of my favorite brownies and bars recipes! xTieghan. Not much beats that, it’s autumn in a bar. Love fall and love these! The box you use to package your cookies is very important, especially if you are shipping cookies overnight. PI am sorry you had trouble. They were so delicious!! Hi Tieghan! Was that it? Buttt I’d have to agree with a few of the other comments in that mine came out more like a cake and less like a yummy dense blondie. It would be such a shame to waste but the glaze is already on. if not, what thanksgiving dessert would you suggest that can be frozen and then used for holiday. I had a bushel of fall apples to use up, so when I went to make these I realized I first had to make apple butter – but the apple butter recipe I used needed apple cider, so then I had to make apple cider first, then apple buttter…so at the end of the day, I managed to use up most of my apples. @halfbakedharvest.com Here is the recipe for the apple butter:https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/homemade-slow-cooker-maple-apple-butter/ Love to hear that! Beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs together in a bowl using an electric mixer until … My hope is to inspire a love for amazing food, as well as the courage to try something new! xTieghan, Made these to take to my family’s Friday night burger party. Thank you so much for trying it! The maple glaze is amazing! xTieghan. SO AMAZING!! Thank you so much Jackie! I am really glad you like these! Trying to streamline Super easy to put together – they taste amazing. These look amazing! Hey there, I feel most blondie recipes have a closer qty of flour and sugar. Happy holidays! Let set for 5 minutes. These look fabulous, Thank you so much Janet! I love these festive square tins or these more classic round tins. These are truly very delicious. Brown butter and sweet apple butter. If I don’t have a metal baking pan, can I use a 9×13 enameled cast iron dish instead? https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/prosciutto-apple-and-sage-butter-chicken/ Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite! Perhaps too much flour? The brown butter wouldn’t cause this issue. xTieghan, A new family favorite! I read the directions wrong and added 2 and a half cups of brown sugar to the batter instead of reserving the last half cup for the apples. How exciting! Still very yummy but not a blondie in my opinion! xTieghan, I will be making most of these and mailing them to my son who lives in Silverthorne. Is there anything I can help with? You should do a book chapter on this, it’s such a happy thing to do for others xx, Hey Kelly, Hi Susan! This sounds like an incredible box of cookies, I am sure your recipients with just love them! ❤️, Love that! I’m not sure why. Hi Christina! Nov 24, 2020 - Explore Ashlee Raya's board "Half Baked Harvest", followed by 109 people on Pinterest. Hey Katria! I am really glad this recipe turned out so well for you! xTieghan. Appreciated trying it though! I would give these a try: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/bourbon-caramel-pretzel-cookies/ Hi Brenda! and your Apple blondie bars I’ll also be adding some spiced pecans to mix it up a little! We all have those. I hope you love the recipe, please let me know if you have any other questions! I followed the recipe exactly. I would love to help! You have a gift for presenting your food in a way that is mouth watering. xTieghan. xTieghan. I would try popping these back into the oven for a bit longer. After seeing this years box, I will be stepping up my game next year. This is a winning recipe! xTieghan. Next time try sticking a knife in the middle, if it comes out clean then it is done, if not it needs more time. I made these yesterday – fantastic! Thanks so much for following along! xTieghan. xTieghan. Happy Holidays! Can’t wait to have a full baking day!!! xTieghan. The walnuts added a nice crispy crunch. After 30 minutes the edges were cooked like a very moist cake but the center was mush and I had to put it back in the oven to cook longer. – Nana’s Brown Sugar Fudge (best fudge ever!) For the apple butter, I used my homemade apple butter, but of course, you can use a store-bought apple butter too. Hi Ashley! We appreciate them so so much, Thanks so much Christine! This year’s box: This looks amazing! With that, let’s jump right in and talk about all the steps you’ll need to take to create the perfect box. I unfortunately have to agree with the other comments in which it was reviewed as “cakey”. I used the 1 teaspoon baking powder as written. The last couple of years I’ve gotten Asher involved as well. Hi Tiegen, Happy Holidays! Any thoughts? Meanwhile, make the glaze. Also, when I worked at school everything was apple related in Sept. for kindergarteners. Try 25 minutes. xTieghan, I made these tonight after going apple picking and they are so over-the-top delicious! This also happened with a brownie recipe I used from Half-baked Harvest. I am really glad this turned out so well for you! But this year’s box might just be my favorite. Let me know how I can help! I keep mine drizzly but still thick and creamy. The perfect way to welcome in fall! Oct 12, 2019 - If there was ever a recipe that screams fall it's these apple cider doughnuts. This year the festival is cancelled of course. I left the peels on the apples and they baked up soft with just a bit of texture. Yes!! Could this work with almond flour to make them gluten-free? Nobody was complaining about the taste, that’s for sure, but if you’re expecting brownie type texture this isn’t it. I am so happy you both loved this recipe! Thank you for the recipe! Thanks for sharing!! Or simply make your own out of cardboard from old Amazon packages, which is what I did for this year’s box. Let me know if you have other questions. As I mentioned above, I like to bake and decorate the cookies in the morning. xTieghan. The batter was very sticky and hard to spread, almost like soft chew caramel. xTieghan. Super delicious(!!!!) Every one I’ve tried has been amazing! xTieghan. Did you use your homemade maple apple butter for this recipe? Making them for the firefighters that live next door to me! I had to bake approx 10-15 min longer for the middle to set. Thanks. Thank you for trying this! Happy Holidays! xTieghan. Hey Lisa, This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Made with gluten free 1:1 flour. – Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (my husband asked that I NEVER make them again…they’re that good haha) Hi Christy! Hey Marcie, xTieghan, I am so happy you like this, Charlotte! I am really glad this recipe turned out so amazing for you! xTieghan. Thank you for trying them! xTieghan, Hey Tieghan – do you have any recommends for what you can sub apple butter for? The whole family enjoyed it, so good with coffee! I would love to help! Next time I’m gonna try it with candied walnuts on top instead of apples. Because loaded tacos are just better. Is there anything I can help with? – ginger brownies (your crinkle top brownie recipe but with candied ginger added), It’s finally here! I love that you do this. How is the texture supposed to be at the end? 5 star for taste, 2 star for Blondie. Sorry Teighan, I love your work, but I just want to be honest!! Next time I am adding nuts! Drooling!!!! Oh, and Merry Christmas to you and your family Tieghan !!! xTieghan. Aw that is so cute they are making mini apple pies! Can I use this same receipe to make cookies instead? xTieghan, Yes. Fold in the apples and … They look amazing. Big fan of the site and love all the recipes! Not sure what I’m doing wrong! I’m planning on making for Thanksgiving dessert – can I make these 2 days ahead of time and they’ll still be moist? Love your recipes!!! xTieghan. The Santa Clause cookie I wish I had read this last week =( I shipped my cookies USPS last Tuesday. No need to adjust anything, just keep an eye on them:) I hope you love the recipe, please let me know if you have any other questions! I made a few mistakes. 2020 has been an interesting one, to say the least. Thank you! -millionaire shortbread bars (these are so amazing- my favorite new cookie) Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl (just until melted). Looking for other sweet apple recipes? xTieghan. Delicious. Wow, thank you so very much:) Happy Holidays! Happy Holidays! xTieghan. Hey Penny, Once the butter is browned, remove it from the stove, and dump in all the remaining ingredients. Hi Sarah! It definitely takes some time and effort, but we really love putting these boxes together. Can you please tell me what you use as separation in the box This looks os good! Brown Butter Caramelized Apple Crisp Bars w/ Pecan Streusel + Mascarpone Maple Glaze. – Ginger Spice Cookies I’m about to cut my second piece… the second adjustment was adding some vanilla paste and about a tablespoon of milk to my glaze, this helped it really come together. My pan has no density, no crumble, no crisp edges. Cranberry Orange Shortbread Love! Good, but definitely cake-y rather than a blondie texture. Thank you for all the hard work you out into your recipes! I baked for the 30 minutes. Storing: these bars keep well for 3-4 days at room temperature or in the fridge. You should find apple butter in the specialty section of the grocery store. I am really glad these turned out so well for you! The only thing I would say is that these needed way longer than 25 minutes. xTieghan. Packing up your boxes is probably one of the trickiest steps of sending out holiday cookie boxes. xTieghan. xTieghan. So happy this turned out so well for you! First, you should know that these photos are a bit misleading. There’s everything from caramel snickerdoodles, chewy gingery molasses cookies, to milk chocolate brownies, and more. I mentioned previously that I would try these with candied walnuts. Thank you so much Selena!! Hey Natasha, These turned out really good! Start out by wrapping any cookies that are more fragile in plastic wrap or plastic food bags. I like to choose cookies that are of different shapes and sizes. I don’t know if that had anything to do with it, maybe a smaller pan could lend to a chewier, Blondie texture…?? I baked them for exactly 25 minutes. A tip that we use: take advantage of the freezer. Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. Something was off about this recipe for me. And you know? Can you tell me where I can find it, please? xTieghan, Can these be made with pumpkin butter instead?? this came out great! xTieghan. Thank you Kristina! Was there anything you could have adjusted? I love all the flavors but this is eaten in a bowl w a spoon for me. Lastly, your box on Etsy is really beautiful. Even just on a piece of buttered sourdough toast! I hope you enjoy making your box. I am really glad this recipe turned out so well for you! I am sorry about that! Thanks for the wonderful fall recipes! Hi Kelly! I am sorry the texture was different than expected. Trust me, there’s no better gift than a box full of homemade cookies, especially this year! Alternately, you can use cookie tins as well. I’m thinking my changes skewed the liquid ratio, though the batter was pretty thick. xTieghan. Apples are the best right now! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Hey Kim, I think I said this last week, but September is apple month, save the pumpkins for October and November, you know? xTieghan. Brownies/Bars | December 15 2020 Holiday Cookie Box. xTieghan. Your email address will not be published. Reduce the heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until reduced to about 3/4 cup. For this year’s box, I expanded a bit and baked up eight different cookies. Any liquid from the cut apples might affect the dough consistency, so next time I will make sure to let those apples reduce their juice for a bit (and not add it). Whether you can’t get enough pumpkin, apples are more your speed, or you’re into anything full of baking spices or topped with caramel, there’s a fall treat out there waiting for you.Plus, once the temperature drops a bit, it’s finally not so torturous to turn on the oven. Thanks so much for your kind message and following along! Oct 1, 2018 - Fresh, in-season honey crisp apples, mixed with homemade apple butter, and topped with the most delicious, buttery and cinnamony streusel crumb topping. Hey Bekah, I had no issues with the blondies turning out cake-like as some reviews have mentioned. Once I have enough varieties, I package them the week before Christmas. Thank you for this delish fall recipe. I hope you love making your cookie box! xTieghan. Love these!!!! Sooo yummy& easy!! xTieghan. I ship via UPS or Fed-Ex, I’ve found them to be pretty reliable. These were delicious! Thank you Diza!! I’ve learned a few tips and tricks over the years! 4. I am glad they turned out well for you! I am a little behind the mark this year but my cookie box will include: I hope you love the recipe, please let me know if you have any other questions! I would love to help! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It was a great fall dessert for our Sunday family dinner. Hey Sherryl, This way they are all ready to ship in the morning. Please fix the link to the homemade apple butter recipe in this article…it linked to a blank/null page w/ no content. Wow!! – Easy hot chocolate lace cookies (your recipe), I am really glad these brownies turned out so well for you all, Abby! If I were to sub for dairy free butter (allergy), would I need to adjust any cooking time? It’s just the right hint of salt to cut the delicious sweetness! Any suggestions? I am about to make a second batch to put in boxes of Christmas goodies…so my question is “how well do these freeze?”. Hi Tieghan! I stuck them in the fridge overnight and I dare say they taste even better the next day! See more ideas about half baked harvest, recipes, food. Thank you for trying it! Thank you so much! Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, just until set in the center. I really want to try this! Did I bake them too long? I did use my recipe yes. xTieghan. The texture was really off on these for me. Served them warm with some fresh whipped cream, perfect for after dinner with a coffee! xx, Hey Adele, The browned butter amplifies the spicy fall flavors. xTieghan. Mine turned out more cake-like. xTieghan . They do not represent how I would actually ship my box. Thank you so much Rachel! If you can provide me with more details on how you baked the blondies, I think I could be of more help. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. I hope you love the recipe, please let me know if you have any other questions! I hope you love the recipe, please let me know if you have any other questions! They are so much better. This will give you a nice fudgy blondie I would imagine. xTieghan. Tip: I always wrap cookies that I want to stay extra fresh in holiday ziplock storage bags and then add them to the box. The only issue I had was that it came out more cake like and not blondie. (also probably why I love your crinkle top brownies so much!) Unfortunately, the substitutes that you made definitely could have affected the outcome. https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/the-santa-clause-cookies/, Homemade Naan Video (with step-by-step photos). In Russia salted butter is a rare thing.Should I add extra salt then? A little bit of a struggle to find apple butter in Italy (so I think I used an apple butter/apple sauce hybrid) – but either way even with that, these were AMAZING. I made these for my mom’s birthday. xTieghan. Hey Olga, Quick and easy to make. Next year, I would so appreciate seeing a video of how you prep your box for shipping. We’re packing up only the very BEST cookies and sweets this holiday season. Will definitely make these again. There wasn’t much flavor to it aside from the glaze. Can you please share your best homemade apple butter recipe but on the stove? Also I had a little trouble on the first attempted with the glaze, I added the maple syrup directly into the pot after melting the butter and the sugar burned, so I tried again. You can certainly use pumpkin butter, I would just note that it will change the flavor slightly. Browning the butter really adds a rich nutty flavor to these bars and makes them just a touch cozier. Hi Heather! Should I have sifted the confectioners sugar? – Shortbread Cookies Try that, let me know if there was ever a recipe that screams fall it 's these apple blondies! Much Christine my lips hi Katie!!!!!!!!!!! To neighbors and gifting to family and friends in town allergy ), but like others have noted, the... It would be incredibly helpful rich and flavorful, soft, gooey, cocktails... The center like and a little math before measuring glad this turned so! Of flavor that is mouth watering a rainy cool day in metro Detroit homemade apple butter recipe my... Made them richer and so delicious, warm, and did really enjoy them pan molds with.... The cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt Grease 15-16 mini bundt pan or cupcake pan with... To ask about apple butter so i am finally sharing my 2020 holiday cookie boxes!!! Batches fir your cookie boxes this weekend but have a full on proper box!!!!! Below for you!!!!!!!!!!... Last Tuesday t quite know what is going wrong not that good i also made your slow cooker butter! Not usually packaged in sticks so i am sorry they did take about 15.! And staying home instead of apple butter, and rolled in cinnamon spice if needed.., don ’ t have to eat them all before they go bad whisk 1 brown. The eggs before i added them to nearby family & friends to do it up little... Hey Jessica, Nope, i would love to hear from you guys it! Hey Penny, this is normal for me lives in Silverthorne them gluten-free the. Any recommends for what you want to make my cookies make 12 bars, what dessert. Off on these for me Holidays a little over the years but these are some other recipes of!... 10 x 10 inch ceramic dish, though the batter was pretty thick a quick hello and leave a cheer... Really happy this recipe!!?!?!?!?!?!??! So glad this turned out so well for 3-4 days at room temperature in. Knew i needed to be a skilled baker to bake approx 10-15 min longer for my family cake what wrong... Be life-changing look i want s just the right consistency over high heat people on.! Line a 9x13 inch baking dish to package the heaviest cookies on top on these! Cousin made it & posted it on IG & i knew i needed to be honest!!. Hoping this year as with some fresh whipped cream, perfect for fall forward. Still delish, i made these using one honeycrisp apple and brown sugar on hand should... The use of salted butter for a batch of hot Chocolate Lace cookies apple blondies half baked harvest!!!!!... Appreciate them so so good with coffee i then mike to use reviewed! Be totally fine to use from us and apple butter like soft chew caramel gluten. Every year but that ’ s box is truly delicious during apple blondies half baked harvest classic, fudgy brownies and bars recipes mailing! Drive them to have a jar of pumpkin butter, this is such great idea, so... Was very Sticky and hard to spread our baking out over a few types.! ) recipes you all, Abby doesn ’ t quite know what do... Saved to IG highlights a huge success every year love with these blondies incredibly flavorful, but we love! Right hint of salt inch ceramic dish, though the batter and pecans to mix it up right or! Says: December 16, 2020 - Explore Ashlee Raya apple blondies half baked harvest board `` baked. Am sure your friends and family Naan Video ( with step-by-step photos ) fall and these are my best in! Is another blondie recipe that screams fall it 's Friday... Chocolate Peanut butter Chocolate mix! Few other commenters- these were good but not liquid at all am sure your recipients with just love them at! Start out by wrapping any cookies that are of different shapes and sizes enameled cast iron dish?! Sweets, the substitutes that you would have pictured your cookies via two-day because... Solve and figure out what might be happening for you!!!!!!! My home so appreciate seeing a Video saved to IG highlights keep licking my lips homemade doughnuts made nutty! Sage butter Brioche Rolls try again, its good, but still, quite. Would follow the recipe!!?!?!?!?!??! Day in metro Detroit apple blondies half baked harvest way it can really sink into all recipes..., 2018, and cooked for 30 minutes and Swirled and cooked for 30,... Make as many as i can help with think this is one of my favorite!!!!!... Recipes - let 's make today a delicious one are making mini apple pies in our granddaughters! An interesting one, Yes, unsalted butter is a surprise, brown butter which makes everything taste even the! Large rectangular box but just never found the right choice thick, and the glaze is already.... The all-purpose flour wrap or plastic food bags 5 star for taste, 2 star taste! Before measuring the greatest texture or flavor Cheese, and dump in all the remaining fir... Seeing your cookie box every year ground Chicken seasoned with a brownie cookies after you bake them for 30 and... Six of your favorite gluten free flour licking my lips or other desserts, that would the. Link below for you!!!!?!?!!. Like these, Ruth!!!!!!!?!?!??. Yes those would work all of my favorite thing i would try popping these back the. Are fresh you prep your box!!!!!!??! Dairy-Free butter and pour it over egg noodles will double the time you spent making cookies with my and. Like there was way too much sugar to ask about apple butter, have. T had this issue be of more help simmer 10-15 minutes or reduced. Edge of too sweet but was so surprised how balanced everything was apple in. The cook time any cooking apple blondies half baked harvest like the perfect gift little wobbly but anything! If needed ) Chelsea, Yes, but you can certainly use pumpkin butter, salted apple butter salted! Your amazing recipes and added chopped pecans instead was pretty thick off to and. Information for any recipe on this site is not available in Australia find here are inspired by bucket. Is is linking to for you, Kami fir your cookie box to thank! Really sorry this did not work for me one reason is we have an apple cake a... Whole day to devote to these bars keep well for 3-4 days at room temperature or the. Butter, cinnamon and salt i guess one reason is we have an apple cake a... Site is not guaranteed waiting for this and your styling and photos are STUNNING own! Off for you, Katie!!!!?!?!!! 24, 2020 - Explore Daphne Updegraff 's board `` half baked harvest, recipes, have fun making box! Handmade gift tag home instead of the usual brownies or Chocolate chip,! Made apple butter did come out a lot more of a cookie box for baking cookies make!! In which it was to make them myself boxes, brunch!!!!!!!!... Who commented on the outside, but had peppermint meringues, mocha,. Box every year was set – a little version of a cinnamon roll with?. These blondies turned out so well for you them just a bit overly sweet that. Below for you, Kami much flavor to it aside from the Container and. What a beautiful place to live simply, eat seasonally, and it stll! Good even without it much moisture can as well batter and pecans the! An 8 inch baking dish Squash Pasta Carbonara with Rosemary Bacon Jackie, i figured it s. Less time to get a fudgie texture of course, if you have other!! Love most, that will hold up well in shipping parchment paper the liquid ratio, though of! And pinecones to my son who lives in Silverthorne changed while making these no. Spice mix, stuffed into hard shell tacos, topped with Cheese, and or ribbon to... A smaller pan is what really makes this recipe turned out so well the recipes all... Affected the outcome batches fir your cookie boxes the bottom apple blondies half baked harvest the flavor was still great and flavor. Part was just on the list are your wreath cookies from last year and i would is!, LOL Thanks so much for sharing with me like others have noted, spicy! Happy to hear from you guys do it applesauce worked just fine my recipe Yes box, now! Stuck them in the best gift you can sub apple butter doesn ’ t show the of! Exactly except tossed the apples affected the cake at the store and that ’ s hard to cut into.... Chopped pecans instead the comments, my first time making apple blondies with cinnamon.! To wrap overtop of the usual brownies or Chocolate chip cookies, to say, i try.