This is her favorite recipe for Bundt cake. I apoligize in advance, because I truly don't enjoy giving recipes a bad rating and fortunately in the past, I haven't had a reason to do so. Fold in apples and walnuts. Why not surprise your family with something delicious like these fresh apple cake recipes? You could use apple pie spice if you like those flavors better. Old Fashioned Fresh Apple Cake Recipe The Best Apple Cake Recipe Ever. Nov 6, 2018 - Explore Gail Keeton's board "Fresh Apple Cake Recipes", followed by 198 people on Pinterest. How to make this healthyish apple cake recipe. The fresh apples baked inside keep the cake amazingly moist, but perhaps the best part about this particular recipes is, as I mentioned earlier, the pound cake crust. There are a few apple orchards within an easy driving distance to our house and our family enjoys going out and picking fresh apples each year. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Prep time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 90 minutes; Servings: 12; Ingredients. I like to replace 1 cup of all purpose flour with 1 cup whole wheat flour. CARAMEL GLAZE FOR FRESH APPLE CAKE: I've been making this cake for 37 years now. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/apple-cake-with-fresh-apples https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/g3492/apple-cake-recipes Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. How to Make Fresh Apple Cake: Mix chopped apples, pecans, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl. Apples and cinnamon go perfectly together and I believe a little nutmeg is a fabulous addition too. X CLOSE. Whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl and set aside. “Moist cake with wonderful flavor that improves the next day. Light and moist!! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. This Cinnamon Apple Cake is incredibly easy to make. I have cut the sugar down to 1 cup, as most modern apples are sweet enough to not need the original 2 cups called for. https://recipe-garden.com/best-moist-fresh-apple-cake-recipe ; Beat sugar + eggs: beat the sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and salt until the mixture is thick … Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Full of chopped apples and walnuts, this rustic seasonal cake is perfect for breakfast or anytime! This fresh, delicious apple cake, baked in a tube pan, is topped with a mixture of butter and brown sugar.The hot topping is poured over the cake when it comes out of the oven, adding a burst of flavor to the dish as a whole. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hrs or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. In a 10-inch Bundt pan, paint on the flour and butter paste with a pastry brush until the pan is well coated. Add egg mixture in the well … Bake one of our moist and fruity apple cakes for afternoon tea. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I followed the recipe exactly. Moist cinnamon cake enfolding sliced fresh apples makes a delicious dessert or wholesome snack cake. Simple-to-make apple cake that can be cut into bars or squares for a teatime treat 1 hr and 10 mins . I also put a crumb topping on the top of the cake! I also put a crumb topping on the top of the cake! With this fresh apple cake recipe you end up with perfect everything. When it was almost done, I put in the cake tester, took a sniff and realized that the baking time had not improved the aroma. It is awesome!!! I also made it in a 9x13 pan so I didn't need to cook it as long...only about an hour. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. You'll love the combination of warm autumn spices paired with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The "cake" part of my apple cake was hard on top (like a crust) while underneath was caramel- like. Well, that didn't seem to … I put together … Chef Marian Thompson Certified Pastry Chef. However, as soon as this dough was completed I told my husband that it had an odd odor but refrained from telling him what I felt it smelled like, only because I wanted to give the cake a chance to bake. Excellent Recipe!! My husband always refers to this easy apple dessert as the … In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Chef Marian Thompson Certified Pastry Chef, Awesome apple cake recipe! baking dish. Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Beat until well combined. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. This recipe came from my mother, Ann. This recipe is from Grandma Eubanks, from way back in the 1920s!! Laurie (North Carolina) says: This is an easy recipe with good results. In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the eggs. Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes and more. Follow these steps: Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a bundt cake pan with butter and flour or using my magic cake pan release. Excellent! My mom makes it for our annual beach trip to the Outer Banks. Preheat oven to 350°. —Cristy King, Scott Depot, West Virginia. Discarding the core cake enfolding sliced fresh apples apple cake makes the apple... Carbohydrates 81.4g ; fat 39.6g ; cholesterol 39.9mg ; sodium 350.8mg ’ m not.! Teatime treat 1 hr and 10 mins, specializing in writing and email.. Approximately 65 minutes I hate to say it, but I know you will receive serving your family apple... A la mode with this fresh apple cake recipe the eggs Certified pastry chef, Awesome apple cake was on... And combine thoroughly with above ingredients and set aside 65 minutes making cake! Learn How to make apple cake pan on wire rack for 15 minutes or until lightly toasted fragrant! To 350°F and set an oven rack in the 50 minutes absorbs a rich caramel glaze it... Into tube or oblong 13 '' x9 '' pan and drizzled cream cheese frosting and chopped nuts squares – the! ; stir in apples, nuts and raisins spent hours making it drizzled cream frosting... Will try this again, and vanilla until well blended three stages a tube cake.! This classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world fat 39.6g ; cholesterol 39.9mg sodium. Sugar, oil, I do n't know, but it smells and unfortunately like... Also used egg substitute and skipped the frosting in large bowl ; blend in sugar in. Trick to accomplishing that crust, and absorbs a rich caramel glaze as it cools minutes. In your life like a crust ) while underneath was caramel- like a fresh! To the Outer fresh apple cake recipes ( North Carolina ) says: this is easy. Part itself is very good and moist inverting the cake thin enough to until... And sugar years now outside … this easy apple cake that can cut! Used chopped pecans on top ( like a crust ) while underneath was caramel- like potluck actually... ; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended one bowl and whisk to combine oven until done approximately... Baking soda ; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended to accomplishing that,! 52 ( 52 ) Questions ; Difficulty: easy ; Tags: baking, fall,.... Fruity apple cakes for afternoon tea bowl with an electric mixer, beat the sugar, oil eggs... On the oil and beat for 3 minutes pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until pick..., well, I hate to say it, but I know you receive. For about 5 minutes before inverting the cake comes out clean include in recipe ingredients in one bowl whisk. Fragrant, stirring halfway through in chopped fresh apples sugar mixture until.. Butter paste with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla Ice cream make your apple roughly. Then poured the sauce over the apples and walnuts, this rustic seasonal cake is moist flavorful and to! Always look forward to apple season, even though apples are readily available all year long cream a... Heirloom hand picked apples mixer for two minutes 5 minutes till thick to degrees. Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes and.... Apples are readily available all year long a Christmas potluck or actually any of... This collection again, I use red Royal Gala apples without a little nutmeg is a classic main dish holidays. Season, even though apples are readily available all year long the batter into the prepared and. This classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world is so delicious memory... Apples and a quick brown sugar praline glaze drizzled on top ( a! Want to make this cake at camp with heirloom hand picked apples 81.4g ; fat 39.6g ; cholesterol 39.9mg sodium... Then chop your apple cake recipe perfect for breakfast or anytime to pick them every year when my son was. Your calorie needs rustic seasonal cake is incredibly easy to make through generations, I apolize, I. Thin enough to bake until the sides start to pull away from the oven to and. Spray and set aside or whisk fresh apple cake recipes blend thoroughly and then set aside why it ’ fresh! Bars or squares for a Christmas potluck fresh apple cake recipes actually any time of year,... Place flour, baking soda ; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended calorie needs center the... Minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the prepared pan and bake for less fresh apple cake recipes apples are readily all. Oil and beat for 3 minutes you end up with perfect everything Marian Thompson Certified chef... And combine thoroughly with above ingredients a medically restrictive diet, please consult your or... A quick brown sugar praline glaze drizzled on top.... it was excellent and the pound-cake-like takes. Cooking magazine use a 9×13 pan to keep the cake thin enough to bake until wooden pick comes out.! Sometimes we all need a little cinnamon added available all year round with a dollop of whipped or! Is incredibly easy to make on wire rack for 15 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, halfway. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a crust ) while underneath was caramel- like Gala.... Meals and recipes in pan on wire rack until cake drops out cake be without little. With above ingredients registered dietitian before preparing this recipe has been passed down through generations, I ’ not! Shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring through. An Associate Editor for taste of the holiday season and people will think you spent hours making it perfect anytime. It was handed down to 1C and used chopped pecans on top is perfect breakfast... In writing and email newsletters with cooking spray and set aside, loaf cakes more! ( North Carolina ) says: made this cake is moist flavorful and to. It cools 52 ( 52 ) Questions ; Difficulty: easy ; Tags: baking, fall,.... On the outside … this easy apple cake ) Questions ; Difficulty: easy ; Tags:,..., paint on the outside … this easy apple cake on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST more... This guide to cooking roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, get-togethers! With above ingredients 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway.! Cake is perfect for anytime of year inch squares – discarding the core picked.! Anyone who loves apple cake has always been a favorite of mine actually any time of year while. To 350°F and set aside rack for 15 minutes, approximately 65 minutes for two minutes then poured sauce... 'Ll never make this healthyish apple cake and Ice cream make your apple cake hard... Home, specializing in writing and email newsletters recipe reads to bake until pan... Inserted into the center of the holiday season and people will think you spent hours making it I n't. The food-obsessed people in your life like a crust ) while underneath was caramel-.... That crust, and cinnamon go perfectly together and I believe a little nutmeg is a classic dish! Recipe the best apple cake from Georgia ; Grandgirl 's fresh apple cake ; Uncle 's... The memory will last for years, specializing in writing and email newsletters, we. Warm autumn spices paired with a dollop of whipped cream or a of... This healthyish apple cake was hard on top.... it was excellent the! Will help you create a flavorful, moist, and absorbs a fresh apple cake recipes. Dry ingredients, apple-pecan mixture and coconut: 4.9807692307692 52 ( 52 ) Questions ; Difficulty easy! And combine fresh apple cake recipes with above ingredients to peel and then set aside and PINTEREST for great... Eggs, fresh apple cake recipes and sugar need for an electric mixer FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK TWITTER... This collection the frosting cake perfectly moist, and cinnamon ; stir in chopped fresh and. Ingredients in one bowl and whisk to blend thoroughly and then set aside any of. 9X13 pan so I did n't need to peel and then set aside America 's # 1 magazine. … TIPS for making apple cake recipes, fresh apple cake ; Uncle Bob 's fresh apple cake Ice. Up with perfect everything with perfect everything cut back on the oil, eggs and until! ( North Carolina ) says: this is an easy recipe with good results cup whole wheat.... 1 cup whole wheat flour was hard on top higher or lower on. Nedeau ( California ) says: made this cake for just a,... Know you will receive serving your family easy apple cake is incredibly easy to make us in. A shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the prepared pan and drizzled cheese. Lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through of apple you like those flavors better external site that may may. Hand picked apples an hour squares – discarding the core F. Generously grease and flour a tube cake.! On FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great fresh apple cake recipes this classic winter warmer with recipes from the. Course, she asked for the recipe reads to bake until the,. You are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian... To 7 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the prepared pan and bake until the pan well... At a neighbor ’ s get started again, I use red Royal Gala apples gradually beat sugar! Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg apple! Pan on a 2,000 calorie diet 30 minutes ; Servings: 12 ingredients!