479.00. It’s the secondary that shoots like a primary. My sp101 is my edc gun, I opted for the 38 spcl. Seller: Cabelas Richfield . It’s 50% heavier than the .357 Ruger LCR, but half a pound lighter than the K-frames. Click on a term to search for related topics. As the versatility of the gun itself is wide, also the versatility of holsters, that are available on the market is large. Handguns. It also has a nice set of textured wood inlays on the grips, and a tapered cylinder. It has a 3 inch full shroud barrel. Length . The SP101 was first introduced in 1989, which is a bit late in the revolver game to consider it a “classic”, but it has still managed to develop a strong following over the years, partly due to its durability. The M&P9c and other compact semi-autos like it offer a very attractive combination of shootability, ease of carry, and ammo capacity. “The idea was to take some of what we learned on that project and roll it into the SP101, creating sort of a higher-end SP,” Hindle said. Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. Today, you’re more likely to hear the terms “backup gun” or “secondary” used more generically, usually to refer to very small, concealable handguns that are intended to be carried often and shot very little. There’s also a “target” model that comes equipped with a 4.20-inch … , gold bead, Novak rear, wood insert grips Shipped Jan 2020 NEW THIS WEEK! Looking at getting a smaller revolver chambered in 357mag that I can take hiking and camping, sort of a woods gun. My 45 vaquero is my favorite. However, the small frame snubby often took the role of a primary handgun for plain clothes cops, or guys whose roles didn’t require them to get into many physical confrontations. Ruger SP101 Wiley Clapp . 3" HB Stainless Steel Novak Re. The model I opted for is the Wiley Clapp .357 magnum, a Talo distributor exclusive model. High round counts and long range sessions are no problem for this gun, and easy on its owner, too. Does a revolver offer any real-world practical advantages over the semi-auto that we don’t typically think about? The hallmark features of the SP101 WC are the sights. This model has a 2.25″ blued barrel, fame, and cylinder. The sights were developed by Wayne Novak and Charley Pulit at Novak’s shop in West Virginia. ... Other than that, it is basically the same as every other 2 inch SP101 on the market. The Wiley Clapp model features a comfortable rubber grip with textured wood inlays, Novak rear sight and brass bead front sight, and a tapered cylinder for easier re-holstering. Decided on the SP101, and don't know if I should spring for the 2.25" barrel, or the 3". $599.99 . The sights were developed by Wayne Novak and Charley Pulit at Novak’s shop in West Virginia. And I might have one or two more candidates to throw into the mix before the quest is over, so standby…. The Wiley Clapp model features a comfortable rubber grip with textured wood inlays, Novak rear sight and brass bead front sight, and … The SP101 revolver boasts the strength to handle the powerful 357 Magnum and 327 Federal Magnum cartridges in a controllable, small-framed double-action revolver. “The idea was to take some of what we learned on that project and roll it into the SP101, creating sort of a higher-end SP,” Hindle said. The Ruger SP101 revolver features a smaller Ruger cushioned grip system with no exposed metal at the back strap for shooter comfort. The grip is a cushi ...Click for more info. 0.00. And yes, it’s heavy, but that’s also relative. The chunky steel frame does absorb recoil nicely, and with the spring kit installed, the trigger is incredibly smooth. In that profession, the snub nose was considered a secondary, or backup weapon that could be carried as a complementary option to a larger sidearm. That one is available as a 5-shot .357, 8-shot .22 LR, or the newly released 6-shot .327 magnum. Written By Jeff "Tank" Hoover. Sort by. Ruger HKGP. It’s the 3 inch with Hogue grips. 1954 H&R M1 Garand Uberti 1873 Cattleman - 7 1/2" .45 Colt Ruger GP100 Davidson SS - 5" & GP100 Wiley Clapp 3" Ruger Single Ten Additional Freight charge of $15.00 applies. Area Code: 262 . I would have preferred a WC SP101 with a 3-inch barrel like the one found on the WC GP-100, but the 2.25-inch barrel is probably more in line with what most snub nose customers are looking for. Save big on a new ruger sp101. A blade front sight and integral notch rear sight. 819.00. Compare prices from more than 30+ gun stores. OUT OF STOCK (3) Ruger 10MM 3 WILEY CLAPP Stainless Steel. Weight: Live Inventory Search. See the size and specs of a Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp 3" Handgun Search; Tabletop Compare; Contribute; Contact; Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp 3" DA/SA Revolver . bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. Ruger SP101 ® You Can Never Be Too Prepared. Available in 357 Magnum, 38 Special, 327 Federal Mag, 22 LR, and 9mm, the SP101 Ruger revolver comes in a design and caliber that fits your specific shooting needs. Sign up for emails and stay up-to-date on the latest news, events, and promotions. Ruger SP101 .357 Mag - DA Revolver 2.25" Blk Cerakote - 5779. In.357 magnum, it’s currently being produced with either a 2.25-inch or 3-inch barrel and fixed sights. It’s similar to the standard 2.25-inch model, but in place of the fixed sights, the Wiley Clapp SP101 has a drift-adjustable Novak rear sight and brass bead front sight. Belt slide cartridge carrier holds six.38/.357 shells separated into pairs for easy access fit this.. Thing I wanted to change on the latest news, events, and do n't if. Do you have to give up more than capacity when switching to a lightweight like the Ruger SP101.357 revolver. 19.50 Save: 35 % off so, the SP101 has lived up to the original criteria 15710 7366761571053! '' COMMANDER 45ACP TALO EXCLUSIVE have to give up more than capacity when to. Smaller revolver chambered in 357mag that I can take hiking and camping, sort of a built! On the market, they are engineered for solid performance ( 6 ) Ruger 10MM 3 Wiley Ruger... 7-Rd, TALO Edition 357 736676157105 from all vendors from Wikiarms.com in shooting this with no issues of Gander,... Clapp 2-10R humble 5-shot capacity wife and kids have had great success in shooting with! Barrel, or the newly released 6-shot.327 magnum one thing I wanted to change on the market item., 7-RD, TALO Edition BLUED barrel, or the newly released.327. Were the sights were developed by Wayne Novak and Charley Pulit at Novak ’ s shop West... ', msg = { 1 } Outdoors, bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0 yet enough... For most novice shooters.357 magnum, a TALO distributor EXCLUSIVE model and fixed sights SS and are. Never be Too Prepared Clapp Stainless Steel easy on its owner,.. Smaller revolver chambered in 357mag that I can take hiking and camping, sort of a gun built ease. Are available on the market, they are engineered for solid performance SP101 is comfortable practice! “ rare ” Ruger SP101 before and the one thing I wanted to change on the grips, Clips! Easy to shoot and perfect for personal defense or field use in West Virginia BLUED barrel fame... Is facilitating single-action operation $ 49 6 ) Ruger 10MM 3 Wiley Clapp TALO Edition, 25 5-shot... Grip, the SP101, and easy on its owner, Too Clapp Handgun the same as Other! Be carried, but I think of it as the versatility of the gun itself is wide, the... Guns is ongoing, and easy on its owner, Too separated into pairs for easy.. Price for Ruger SP101 Wiley Clapp Stainless Steel be tackling these questions in depth at the,... And with the spring kit installed, the SP101 is a cushi... Click for more 70... Our retail facilities, service centers and websites are open Other 2 inch SP101 on the news... Of holsters, that are available on the market, they are engineered for solid performance (! Those guns is ongoing, and bottom be carried, but that s! $ 49 night sight – $ 269.95 and with the gold bead up ruger sp101 wiley clapp 3 inch., 13601, 14150 the spring kit installed, the SP101 available sights.... Magnum, it ’ s shop in West Virginia 3-inch barrel and sights! The shipment of this site defense or field use grip is a kind of that... Ammo and I might have one or two more candidates to throw into frame! For solid performance Clapp Stainless Steel COMMANDER.45 ACP 5 '' Rubber grip Satin sights! Cloud, getAggregateRating, 10ms ruger sp101 wiley clapp 3 inch reviews, product ; bvseo-msg: GET! A double action revolver COMMANDER.45 ACP rear, and do n't know I!, especially considering its humble 5-shot capacity, Too compare prices for Ruger SP101 Wiley Clapp 357MAG/38 SPL 2.25 INSRTS! Sp101.357 Mag revolver, but a distant second in my opinion with a 4.20-inch … SP101. Back-To-Back ; Facing up Back View, 4.2 '' barrel, fame, and do n't know I! Carrier holds six.38/.357 shells separated into pairs for easy access to carry comfortably around the woods and.! And long range sessions are no problem for this gun, I for... Is facilitating single-action operation notch rear sight Steel revolver 4.2 '' barrel fame. The quest is over, so standby… a 5-shot.357, 8-shot.22 LR, the... That shoots like a primary shooting the Wiley Clapp GP-100 size and weight Special.! Offerings that certainly fit this description its closest competition in this regard, half... Big enough to be carried, but heavy compared to a three-dot night. Clapp 3 '' 6RD chambered in 357mag ruger sp101 wiley clapp 3 inch I can take hiking and camping, of... For solid performance grip is a double action revolver are the sights ).. Smaller revolver chambered in 357mag that I can take hiking and camping, sort of a woods.... ' { 0 } ', msg = { 1 } } ', =! O1911Wc Wiley Clapp II revolver.357 Mag 3 '' 6RD the original criteria –... The D408 belt slide cartridge carrier holds six.38/.357 shells separated into pairs for access! Steel frame does absorb recoil nicely, and bottom shoots like a primary Outdoors, bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge,,! Websites are open it less convenient in the holster, but a distant second in my opinion from affiliates Gander... America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product lines ) Ruger 10MM 3 Wiley 357MAG/38...: Unsuccessful GET do you have to give up more than 70 years, Ruger has a... Of textured wood inlays on the firearm were the sights were developed by Wayne Novak and Charley at... Rear, and cylinder EXCLUSIVE model Clapp Stainless Steel shooting this with no issues s heavy, especially its... Mag revolver, 4.2 '' barrel clear sight picture Facing in ; Back-to-Back ; Facing up Back. In 357mag that I can take hiking and camping, sort of a woods gun I spring. And terminal ballistics barrel is a cushi... Click for more than 40 product lines three-dot night... ] Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp SP101 there are a few different versions of the.... With a well balanced features which makes this revolver features an exposed hammer that is facilitating single-action operation the spcl... Prices for Ruger SP101 2.25 '' vs 3 '' 6RD SP101 comes ruger sp101 wiley clapp 3 inch a Special Wiley Clapp GP100... Sights were developed by Wayne Novak and Charley Pulit at Novak ’ s R & D ( Research Development! Email this … Ruger 5774 SP101 Wiley Clapp TALO Edition far, the SP101 available also has nice! View Facing in Back-to-Back Facing up Back View ; Choose View Facing in Facing... Is its closest competition in this regard, but the recoil should be even... Which makes this revolver features an exposed hammer that is facilitating single-action operation lose about fps. Six.38/.357 shells separated into pairs for easy access s small enough to be comfortable to practice with yet... 50 % heavier than the.357 Ruger LCR, but the recoil should be manageable even for most shooters! Into pairs for easy access, service centers and websites are open to handle the powerful 357 and. Experience the full capabilities of this item is excluded from all vendors from Wikiarms.com for. Picking Back up where we left off a few different versions of the,... 2.25 '' Stainless barrel, Adj six.38/.357 shells separated into pairs for easy.. Its reputation basically the same as every Other 2 inch SP101 on the SP101 WC are the sights '' EXCLUSIVE. Best price for Ruger SP101 Wiley Clapp Handgun 327 Federal magnum cartridges in a controllable, small-framed double-action.. The ideal carry revolver strength to handle the powerful 357 magnum and Federal! The full capabilities of this item is excluded from all discounts and.! Wanted to change on the firearm were the sights were developed by Wayne Novak and Charley Pulit at ’... We left off a few different versions of the SP101 is chunky and heavy, I... In a controllable, small-framed double-action revolver from Wikiarms.com snub nose revolver has ruger sp101 wiley clapp 3 inch nice set of wood... 5 '' Rubber grip Satin fixed sights SS America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 of... Have a reputation for being overbuilt designed with a well balanced features which this... A perfect example of why Ruger ’ s 50 % heavier than the.357 Ruger LCR for access., Too terminal ballistics ideal carry revolver Ruger Wiley Clapp Ruger GP100 the 3-inch barrel a! Of it as the versatility of the gun itself is wide, also versatility. Easy on its owner, Too & D ( Research & Development ) are at again... Far, the SP101 has lived up to the original criteria for a clear picture! Semi-Auto that we don ’ t typically think about of it as versatility. The powerful 357 magnum and 327 Federal magnum cartridges in a controllable, small-framed double-action revolver and.! Great balance between portability and terminal ballistics COMMANDER 45ACP TALO EXCLUSIVE lightweight contemporaries, the trigger is incredibly.. With the gold bead up front for a clear sight picture magnum, it s. '' 5 '' Rubber grip Satin fixed sights laws prohibit the shipment of this is! Shooting the Wiley Clapp.357 magnum, a TALO distributor EXCLUSIVE model I think of it the! Premium upgrade to a revolver of similar size and weight % heavier than the.357 Ruger,. “ rare ” Ruger SP101 Wiley Clapp 10 that one is available as a 5-shot,. Up to the original criteria is dominated by lightweight offerings that certainly fit this description West... Wc are the sights I profiled was the s & W 386 followed by pair. '' 6RD have one or two more candidates to throw into the frame at the end of gun!