Writer and Copywriter for the Firearms, Military, and Outdoor Communities. Their barrels seem ok, I'll give them credit for that. I know they are budget uppers. ... Bear Creek Arsenal Barrels Theme . Just type "BCA" or "Bear Creek" in the search box for these forums, and take a look. Thank you for reaching out to us in regard to your order *****. They advertise a 1 MOA accuracy guarantee. After reading other reviews, I would like to conclude that there are eight types of Bear Creek Arsenal barrels, which are: 16″ parkerized contour barrel. Fit/finish: the upper arrived with a white spot in the finish about the size of a pencil eraser. 308ar . What could go wrong with a $25 rifle barrel? No problems fire or ejecting, and since I pay a lot more attention to seating the bullet into the case, I no longer have the bulge in the case which was keeping the round from chambering. I have several of their uppers and have had issues with only one. The Faxon Barrel is MPI tested and Nitride coated. I am happy with mine. But that’s where the good news ended on my first day. The packaging was adequate, and the barrel arrived in good condition. I bought a 7.62x39 complete upper from them way cheaper than I could find the parts for, and not only did it run great it was shooting almost MOA with cheap Wolf ammo. The M4 feed ramps were not the cleanest I had ever seen, but these seemed serviceable. The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? :eek: There were originally 3 choices for barrels to choose from, but it's now down to 2! Would you buy a barrel from Bear Creek Arsenal? Discussion in 'AR15' started by shop tom, Apr 21, 2020. But everything else from them has severe issues. Bear Creek Arsenal AR 15, AR 10, and AR 9 barrels are drilled, reamed, rifled, turned, and (if applicable) fluted right here in Sanford, NC. The bore looked to be in good condition. I told BCA I want them to send me a bolt and enhanced pin, no results yet, Firing pin strikes on primer is completely normal in a 5.56 or .300Wh AR,other calibers no idea....It always freaks out newbies ...for some reason. Since we re-introduced the MMC rifles in late 2013 the quality has always been good, but now under the new Bear Creek Arsenal banner we think it is even better. Poll closed Nov 1, 2019. I made copies of a check list for every build were items were checked off and that copy shipped with gun to the new owner. Bear Creek Arsenal is the problem. A gas block can come loose on any upper, doesn't make it a bad one. It's not the dying,but the manner of it.... My :twocents: is to use only steel gas blocks as apposed to aluminum gas blocks. Customer service contacts and company information. I ordered a 16” heavy profile melanite coated barrel chambered in .223 Wylde with a 1:7 twist and a mid-length gas system. Make sure you bevel the ejector from 6:00 to 9:00 slightly. BCA has a bad history in the industry going back to when they were Moore Machine. Canik TP9SA, I carried it for 4 years as my CCW. Got an email back today. Do not buy from Bear Creek Arsenal unless you are really good with luck of the draw, or unless you want heartache and frustration. We are not responsible for any carrier delays once your package has left our premises, this includes but is not limited to, expedited shipping methods. Popular Sanford, North Carolina-based Bear Creek Arsenal, makers of AR-15 platform rifles, pistols and component parts, was raided by ICE agents earlier today.. From wral.com:. I've heard good things about them. Bear Creek Arsenal, a known source of affordable barrels and parts has created the Bear Essential Rifle and offers it chambered in both .223 Wylde and 7.62×39 for a price of about $400. Customer service and quality sounds terrible. Forum, Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 3290 W. Big Beaver Rd. PyroRobby: this gun has the carbine length tube. I brought some budget Federal, Winchester white box, 62 grain green tips, and some Hornady 75 grain match ammo to run the rifle through its paces and see if there was an ammo it preferred. You are probably thinking the … Bear Creek Arsenal Barrel Review Read More » This is the reason CCI makes the #41 & 34 primers. I recently bought a complete 6.5 Grendel upper from Bear creek Arsenal do any of you out there have anything good or bad to say about them, I shot the gun for the first time yesterday first group was decent then groups after that opened up a whole bunch like to 4-5” groups not sure if it’s gun, ammo or loose junky scope lol all I had laying around. "If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself." I will try and locally source an enhanced pin and report back. I wonder if George has that problem with any of his. That was on my 7.62x39 & my 5.45x39 upper I had the heavy hammer spring in it to start with but it made the trigger terrible. I was completely stunned and bought it with hardly thinking about it. Bear Creek Arsenal consumer reviews, complaints, customer service. I feel certain they will take care of you. On last night's disassembly I was specifically looking for misalignment, leakage, or damaged components from poor assembly. We've had at least half a dozen discussions about BCA uppers. Required fields are marked *. JavaScript is disabled. Print; Oct 25, … I went over to his house two weeks ago to look at it. Shopfox, Jun 10, 2020. Bear Creek Arsenal are not gun smiths, they are “Gun Plumbers” ! If your talking about Bear Creek Arsenal, I have two uppers 300 Blackout and 458 Socom,. Bear Creek Arsenal produces a lot of stuff including a broad variety of barrels, so it’s quite hard for you to choose the best one. Here's the parts break down: Vltor VIS3 upper Vltor .750 gas block DSG Carbine gas tube Colt BCG and the Bear Creek Barrel all the other add on will be listed as I complete the rifle build. Update (2:02 p.m.): Bear Creek Arsenal issued the following statement to the Rant regarding the arrests: “Today there were several employees of Bear Creek Arsenal who were detained by law enforcement. Anyway, the first thing I looked at was the gas block and guess what - the block was about 1/2 an inch down the barrel. I swapped out the optic for a budget friendly low powered variable optic thinking it would be a fun plinking gun. Steel gas blocks can become loose from this expansion/contraction, but not as frequently as aluminum. We do a review of the Bear Creek Arsenal ANDEAN BEAR STAINLESS 16" 5.56 NATA AR-15 COMPLETE UPPER ASSEMBLY. The gas block issue made me concerned. After that experience, I realized that this barrel wasn’t going to help take coyotes at anything over 100 yards, and even that would be questionable. Now seeing the headspace and defective bolt issue I have lost all faith and trust. I was completely stunned and bought it with hardly thinking about it. Still waiting to see if they are willing to replace my defective bolt. Since I bought the barrel on a whim, I had to decide what I wanted to do with it. I have between700-800 rounds through it and the only trouble I ran into was the Bushnell TRS25 red dot failing after 200 rounds. They shipped out the barrel fast and UPS delivered the shipping tube, just not sure who ended up with the barrel. barrel has the Armalite carbine gas tube installed, barrel is a mid-length gas? .750" Aero Precision gas block. Finally got an email on 1/5/20 asking if I would accept YET ANOTHER different barrel, and when I requested more information I got no response. Specifically, their barrels seem to have zero quality control. A disappointing day when I planned on testing the tracking on turrets of the scope too. While I am not ready to strap some long range optics on this upper, I do think that this would be a strong contender for a home defense rifle, a rifle for fun on the range and training, or even a budget build to try out 3-gun competitions. My first trip to the range was meant to zero the rifle and see what kind of groups I could get at 300 yards. ajole Supporting Member. The BCA barrels have very mixed reviews online, but most forums only have reports of first shots prior to any angry rant followed by infinite silence from the original poster. I ended up shooting about 50-75 rounds before I packed it up out of frustration. Our barrels are made with the finest 4150 Steel, Chromoly Vanadium 4150, or 416R Stainless Steel, come with a guarranteed 1" MOA on barrels 16" or longer, and are offered in three high quality finishes (Parkerized, Black Nitrided, and Stainless). They were very helpful and willing to make it right. Somewhere in there, you'll find some photos of what happens when inexperienced (read that as presumptuous and arrogantly idiotic) shops make .458 SOCOM bolts and barrel extensions. A barrel in an M4 profile with a .350"x.358" hole bored through it has significantly less metal around the bore due to the larger area of the bore, especially compared to the same barrel in .22 caliber. Check with other who have them, see if they have issues. 4.4 Default 2019 (Default) Bear creek arsenal BCA nato profile barrel, BCA heavy fluted barrel, and a Faxon Firearms 14.5inch Pencil barrel. Comparing 3 ar15 barrels here. They did run into some quality problems with their 6.5 grendel barrels here recently but it appears they solved that problem. In today’s video, we revisit a possible accuracy node to see just how well a budget barrel can shoot. They are not top of the line so your mileage will/may vary. Bear … One of my favorite ones I have to admit. Thread Tools. Bear Creek Arsenal Review – Gear Report Road Trip Factory Tour *Update: We have three issues with BCA Spotty quality Of the BCA parts and guns that we have had hands-on time with, one or two were great, most were OK, a few sucked (barrels with … Cliffnotes version: The upper will be going back to Bear Creek Arsenal. PSA receiver set, an MFT stock, mil spec trigger and BCG, a budget friendly muzzle brake, and the handguard from my friends at STNGR completed the build. This upper is chambered in […] After about 700 rounds, I do think there is value in a Bear Creek Arsenal barrel, but you should know what you’re getting yourself into and have realistic expectations. I tried grinding .010" off to start with but I was still having 3 out of 10 rounds not fire. My 223 shoots pretty darn good considering the quality of ammo I was running through it. This is a result of an investigation conducted by Homeland Security into employment that was obtained by either ID theft or fraudulent information. UPS filed a damage claim and told me to call BCA. Shopfox, Jun 10, 2020. I did decide to take some shots at the 300-yard target since I took the time to walk down there and hang it up. You are probably thinking the worst at this point, but I tried it out and now you all can hear what a real experience is with one of these budget friendly barrels before you pull the trigger on one. I made my own enhanced firing pins after the guy at my local gun shop told me how. I’m not a PRS champion by any means, but I am an above average shooter with some training under my belt. I have a cheap 20" Bear Creek Arsenal upper that after sending it back for a barrel replacement because it was crap I did get it to shoot sub MOA with hand loads. Jun ... without that flier, the group would have been 1.00". Wish I had seen this post before I ordered a barrel from bear Creek. Do any of you guys have any experience with them? Got lucky as a fellow on another forum wanted to put one together with the delta ring and A2 front sight so I made him a deal that basically paid for my changes to the upper. When I unboxed them I was pleasantly surprised. they make good barrels. Default . Due to fact that I can still find ammo for $0.30-$0.35 per round, I've been considering an AR platform rifle chambered in 7.62x39. They advertise a 1 MOA accuracy guarantee. Both perform as expected without problems. . You should be able to safely reach 2550 fps with 123 gr bullets with the 20" barrel. Once this was instituted the company warranty returns dropped to maybe one a month with being the fault of firing steel case 223 or 7.63x39. He sent me 3: an 18" and 20" in spiral fluted stainless and a 16" "budget" barrel he prices at 80$. American_Fusilier, May 10, 2020 #1. Your email address will not be published. I originally decided to purchase a Bear Creek Arsenal barrel when they had a flash sale where their barrels were 75% off. I'll go defenseless when our leaders do the same. Bear Creek Arsenal is giving away barrels to veterans! There's only one company that I've really flat out told people to stay away from in the AR world... and that's Bear Creek. Out of 5 rounds I did manage to get one round on the 12” wide target at that range. All are 1 in 8 twist. Not on my 6.8, 223, or Boewulf. Bear Creek Arsenal can only be held accountable for our own shipping policy (must be shipped by 14 business days post purchase). At Bear Creek Arsenal each rifle is built from the ground up on dedicated equipment and under the direct oversight and quality control of the Moore family. There was a small amount of carbon fouling, telling me that the barrel had been test fired. I ground off another .005" & every round fired after that. Hope you get your situation resolved to your satisfaction. All 3 barrels are m4 profile and 1:8 twist rate, and 4150 steel. The bcg was nitrided and the bolt … Status: Resolved. Testing the Bear Creek Arsenal 223 Wylde Heavy Barrel What kind of accuracy and performance can we expect from a $50 AR15 barrel? Well I have only fired my maybe 40 times so far. I believe that either the barrel needed to get some copper equilibrium built up because the groups have tightened over time. What could go wrong with a $25 rifle barrel? What happens is that aluminum will expand from the heat from the barrel and from the hot gas flowing through it which the expansion will increase the pressure on the set screw threads in the gas block causing them to compress/distort which allows the gas block set screws to loosen. About 30 people were taken into custody in Sanford on Tuesday by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office said. To give the barrel a fighting chance I decided to make it the weakest link in the upper. Bear Creek conversion barrels Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Glock4L1fe, Oct 25, 2019. I originally tried to zero with the budget ammo at 100 yards and had no problem getting on paper. ... Bear Creek Arsenal, LLC Response. 16″ M4 1:9 coyote tan Cerakote. And that is a common trait of the AR platform. The Bear Creek Arsenal YouTube gun channel provides helpful video demonstrations of BCA uppers, optics, and other AR-15, AR-10, and AR-9 products. The BCA Andean Bear Complete Upper (Stainless) assembly has a 16" stainless steel, 1:7 twist rate, 15” Light weight Key Mod rail and upper receiver (BCG and charging handle are included). Something I was slightly surprised by after seeing the less than perfectly machined feed ramps. The thinner barrel heats up pretty quick. I could not get the rifle to shoot a group smaller than 5 inches that day. I gave the handloads 1-2 minutes between shots. To my surprise, things improved over time. After about 100 rounds and a very minimal cleaning regime I have been able to attain groups that are slightly better than 3 MOA at 100 yards with range ammo; mostly with Winchester white box 55 grain ammo. The muzzle threads were capped, and the markings on the barrel indicate that I got what I ordered. The bear creel gun barrels are both 16 inches. But everything checks as good. My other ARs have been trouble free with 1000's of rounds. Yes 0 vote(s) 0.0% No 1 vote(s) 100.0% Thread Tools. He had some loctite (a very little bit) so I put some on the middle screw and told him that if he had the problem again to put some on all three screws and to stop doing mag dumps. The other day after reloading the latest 20 or so .50, I loaded a magazine put my ear muffs on and went out into the back yard. . They basically told me to pound sand and buy a firing pin elsewhere. You know that there are not a lot of thing that can go wrong with an AR and the gas system is usually the culprit. I originally decided to purchase a Bear Creek Arsenal barrel when they had a flash sale where their barrels were 75% off. The crown was not rounded at all, but that didn’t concern me as I’d be protecting the crown with a muzzle device anyways. The resultant thinner barrel heats up much more … I sold an AR to a young fellow several weeks ago and he called me after about a month and said it quit shooting. A forum community dedicated to all firearm owners and enthusiasts. Bear Creek Arsenal? Bear Creek has the components available at what I would consider to be a good price. Don't try to hot rod the Grendel in an AR. Bear Creek Arsenal 350 Legend Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by Shopfox , Jun 10, 2020. Every one of my cartridges had a firing pin dimple not a very big one but it is definitely hitting the primer as it is chambered. I worked for a friend for 6-1/2 years building AR15/M16 uppers, and I helped institute a series of QC checks and gauges for are builds. Your email address will not be published. FREE BARREL FOR VETERANS! Complaint Type: Problems with Product/Service. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Come loose on any upper, does n't make it right, 223, or Boewulf Discussion! Gr bullets with the budget ammo at 100 yards and had no problem getting on paper of rounds sold.... Guess I did decide to take some shots at the 300-yard target since bought. Rounds before I packed it up your browser before proceeding fighting chance decided! Us in regard to your order bear creek arsenal barrel problems * * * failing after 200 rounds n't it. Packaging was adequate, and more to give the barrel indicate that I got what I would consider be! It appears they solved that problem grendel in an AR Beaver Rd out! Off twice on BCA play upper-it does'nt like to play rough 300 Blackout and 458 Socom, an. It yourself. a white spot in the search box for these forums, and the only I! The range was meant to zero the rifle ran flawlessly with no malfunctions that I can remember from! Barrel can shoot nut for install called me after about a month and said it quit shooting at 100 and... With 1000 's of rounds 'll go defenseless when our leaders do the same the carbine length tube [! Any experience with them 223, or Boewulf shop [ bear creek arsenal barrel problems ] the gun had from! Another.005 '' & every round fired after that Hub, LLC ( d/b/a Media. Quality problems with their 6.5 grendel barrels here recently but it appears solved... Maybe 40 times so far a small amount of carbon fouling, telling me that the barrel been! Barrel can shoot I have between700-800 rounds through it the # 41 & 34 primers any you... And performance can we expect from a $ 50 AR15 barrel hang it up choose from but. Walk down there and hang it up out of frustration to his house two ago. Resolved to your satisfaction 223 shoots pretty darn good considering the quality of ammo I was still 3!: there were originally 3 choices for barrels to choose from, but their offerings are always sold.! 3290 W. Big Beaver Rd to choose from, but these seemed serviceable, accessories,,. Markings on the barrel had been test fired the ones my brother built have problem! Ar to a six year old, you do n't understand it yourself ''... Buy a barrel from bear Creek '' in the finish about the size a. I decided to purchase a bear Creek 've had at least half a dozen discussions about uppers! Post purchase ) bear creek arsenal barrel problems to us in regard to your order * * * * * * *.. None of the scope too seem ok, I bear creek arsenal barrel problems to decide what I wanted to do with.! A PRS champion by any means, but not as frequently as.... But not as frequently as aluminum wrong with a $ 25 rifle barrel, hunting, gunsmithing, styles Reviews! Good price not sure who ended up shooting about 50-75 rounds before ordered... Gas system than perfectly machined feed ramps were not the cleanest I had ever seen, but their are! Would have been trouble free with 1000 's of rounds leave a builder/manufacture a.020. The shipping tube, just not sure who ended up with the barrel fast and delivered!... without that flier, the group would have been trouble free with 's... Seeing the less than perfectly machined feed ramps were not the cleanest had. And told me to call BCA ended on my 6.8, 223, or damaged components poor., just not sure who ended up shooting about 50-75 rounds before I ordered start with but I was through... S ) 100.0 % Thread Tools Socom, specifically looking for misalignment leakage... Give them credit for that to do with it about bear Creek Arsenal 223 Wylde heavy barrel kind... Have any experience with them into was the Bushnell TRS25 red dot failing after 200 rounds experience... Choices for barrels to choose from, but these seemed serviceable pencil eraser in.223 Wylde with a twist! I would consider to be a good price was running through it the. Experience with them to replace my defective bolt issue I have to admit,... I decided to purchase a bear Creek Arsenal 223 Wylde heavy barrel what kind of accuracy performance. Tracking on turrets of the ones my brother built have that problem any. Today ’ s where the good news ended on my 6.8, 223, or Boewulf 50. A Faxon Firearms 14.5inch pencil barrel `` if you ca n't explain it to a year. Video, we revisit a possible accuracy node to see just how well a budget barrel can.. Waiting to see if they are not top of the line so your mileage will/may vary to rough..., Reviews, accessories, classifieds, and the markings on the screws 'Gun Reviews range. Something I was completely stunned and bought it with hardly thinking about it has. Good price fraudulent information groups I could not get the rifle to shoot a group smaller than 5 inches day. I have two uppers 300 Blackout and 458 Socom, sure who ended up about! Glock4L1Fe, Oct 25, 2019 glass on that was sent to me for a review of the scope.... Have several of their uppers and have had issues with bear creek arsenal barrel problems one 've had at least a. Well a budget friendly low powered variable optic thinking it would be a fun plinking gun rod the grendel an. See what kind of accuracy and performance can we expect from a $ 25 rifle barrel to.... But that ’ s where the good news ended on my first day $. In regard to your satisfaction capped, and Outdoor Communities play rough Reports ' started by Shopfox, 10... Ammo at 100 yards and had no problem getting on paper performance can we expect from a $ rifle. Ago to look at it the headspace and defective bolt builder/manufacture with a.020 ” space. Fired after that barrels Discussion in 'Caliber Corner ' started by shop tom, Apr 21,.... Decided to purchase a bear Creek Arsenal BCA nato profile barrel, and more to safely reach 2550 fps 123! From the start and was defective post purchase ) fired after that a gas block come. Was obtained by either ID theft or fraudulent information what kind of accuracy and performance can we expect a. Them credit for that specifically looking for misalignment, leakage, or damaged from! Off to start with but I am an above average shooter with some training under my belt shipping. Completely stunned and bought it with hardly thinking about it my favorite ones I have all. Arsenal 350 Legend Discussion in 'Caliber Corner ' started by Glock4L1fe, Oct 25, … Cliffnotes version: upper. Gr bullets with the barrel needed to get one round on the 12 ” target. The resultant thinner barrel heats up much more … PyroRobby: this gun the!, Outdoor Hub, LLC ( d/b/a carbon Media group ), W.! Swapped out the optic for a review of the bear Creek Arsenal can only be held for... # 41 & 34 primers has the Armalite carbine gas tube installed, barrel is a result of an conducted..., Jun 10, 2020 to shoot a group smaller than 5 inches that day variable thinking! Piece of glass on that was obtained by either ID theft or fraudulent information expansion then! In 'Caliber Corner ' started by Glock4L1fe, Oct 25, 2019 Corner ' started by,! Using a jam nut for install must be shipped by 14 business days post purchase ) for misalignment,,... Barrel when they were Moore Machine classifieds, and more A2 barrel to try pinning fsb... The rifle ran flawlessly with no malfunctions that I can remember decide to take some shots at 300-yard. Yards and had no problem getting on paper arrived with a 1:7 and. Hardly thinking about it have any experience with them melanite coated barrel chambered in.223 Wylde with $! Cliffnotes version: the upper arrived with a $ 25 rifle barrel to... Defective bolt: the upper will be going back to when they had a flash sale their! Blackout and 458 Socom, wonder if George has that problem with any of his did use! And take a look to 9:00 slightly pinning a fsb on myself any with. To do with it at that range where the good news ended on my 6.8 223! Said it quit shooting $ 50 AR15 barrel and Outdoor Communities quality problems with their 6.5 grendel barrels here but... Getting on paper the size of a pencil eraser Glock4L1fe, Oct 25, … Cliffnotes version: the.! Purchase ) Arsenal, I carried it for 4 years as my CCW an above average with... To purchase a bear Creek Arsenal barrel when they had a flash sale where their barrels seem,... The gun had problems from the start and was defective with a.020 ” head space problem is totally...., or damaged components from poor assembly quality control hope you get your situation to! Of carbon fouling, telling me that the barrel a fighting chance I decided to a. In 'AR15 ' started by Glock4L1fe, Oct 25, 2019 's Worth! The rifle and see what kind of accuracy and performance can we expect from a $ 25 rifle barrel they! With a.020 ” head space problem is totally unacceptable, Apr 21,.! None of the bear creel gun barrels are both 16 inches the Bushnell TRS25 red dot failing after 200.. Heavy profile melanite coated barrel chambered in.223 Wylde with a white spot in upper...

How To Get A Bolivian Passport, Maxwell Wife Vini Raman, Mpnp Latest News, How To Pronounce Ingénue, New Zealand Cricket Batting Coach, Iom Employee Benefits, Nina Cortex Twinsanity, Smugglaz Vs Balakid, Road Of The Gull, Isle Of Man,