This is similar to the standard 2.25-inch model, but in place of the fixed sights, the Wiley Clapp SP101 has a drift-adjustable Novak rear sight and brass bead front sight. A steel Smith & Wesson J-frame is its closest competition in this regard, but a distant second in my opinion. The genesis of this new Ruger SP101 comes from a special Wiley Clapp edition of the steel-framed GP100. It also has a […] The SP101 revolver boasts the strength to handle the powerful 357 Magnum and 327 Federal Magnum cartridges in a controllable, small-framed double-action revolver. Decided on the SP101, and don't know if I should spring for the 2.25" barrel, or the 3". status = '{0}', msg = {1}. 819.00. OUT OF STOCK (6) Ruger 1753 GP100 HGP-331-NVK 6RD 357MAG/38SP +P 3… My wife and kids have had great success in shooting this with no issues. Out of Stock. This item cannot be shipped internationally. Type: Revolver: Double Action. 10 of 13 Photo by Rob Jones Wiley Clapp Ruger GP100. , gold bead, Novak rear, wood insert grips Shipped Jan 2020 Ruger GP100 .357 Mag Revolver, 4.2" Barrel, Adj. We’re picking back up where we left off a few weeks ago with my quest for the ideal carry revolver. GP Deluxe Engraved 1783 , 1784. Strong and reliable shot after shot, all SP101 revolvers boast solid steel sidewalls (no side-plates), making them rugged, reliable, and dependable. Specifications: Ruger Wiley Clapp GP100 Revolver. 1,149.00. The Ruger SP101 revolver features a smaller Ruger cushioned grip system with no exposed metal at the back strap for shooter comfort. Sort by. Ruger’s SP101 is the exception, and has a lot more in common with the old school police backup gun than with the modern featherweight alternatives. Compare prices from more than 30+ gun stores. The ONLY Options: Premium upgrade to a three-dot tritium night sight – $269.95. $723.99 $718.99. The first candidate I profiled was the S&W 386 followed by a pair of 3-inch K-frames. American Heartland Ruger 1 of 1000. Those dastardly demons at Ruger’s R&D (Research & Development) are at it again. As compared to mine, you have a three-inch barrel over the two and a quarter, nicer checkered wooden stock inserts, and much better sights. 479.00. Save big on a new ruger sp101. The Buffalo Bore 180-grain, hard-cast load breaks nearly 1,300 fps in the three-inch Ruger. Fixed Novak sights with a blacked out rear and a brass bead front to gather light make the gun a lot easier to shoot well … And I might have one or two more candidates to throw into the mix before the quest is over, so standby…. The grip is a cushi ...Click for more info. Featuring a recoil-reducing grip, the SP101 is comfortable to shoot and perfect for personal defense or field use. All Rights Reserved. As with the other guns I’ve been considering in my quest for the ideal carry revolver, I’m using a very specific set of criteria to compare the merits of the SP101 to the semi-auto that I normally carry: a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm compact. Do you have to give up more than capacity when switching to a revolver of similar size and weight? Revolver Tour #15: Ruger SP101 Wiley Clapp. There’s also a “target” model that comes equipped with a 4.20-inch barrel, adjustable rear sight, and fiber optic front sight. The Ruger SP101 3 Inch Barrel is a double action revolver. Among the most powerful small-frame revolvers on the market, they are engineered for solid performance. Compare Views. But I don’t want to overstate either of those qualities. Out of Stock. While the SP 101 is a fine little revolver in its own right, the enhancements suggested by Wiley Clapp and finalized by TALO enhance the little snubby. FOR MORE INFO: http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-GP100WC.htm Jeff Quinn ( http://www.gunblast.com ) tests the Ruger GP100 "Wiley Clapp" 357 Magnum Revolver. Looking at getting a smaller revolver chambered in 357mag that I can take hiking and camping, sort of a woods gun. As I mentioned earlier, it’s a nice piece to begin with, but I have to admit I really liked the grip. Ruger SP101 2.25" vs 3" barrel. 0.00. Navy Seals Foundation Security 9 Compact # 3828. Click on a term to search for related topics. The sights were developed by Wayne Novak and Charley Pulit at Novak’s shop in West Virginia. Product Actions. New Model Blackhawk # 0477 Wiley's "Carryhawk" 789.00. Legal Disclaimer, benefits of revolvers for “casual” gun owners, Henry X Model .357 and .44 Magnum: Classic Meets Modern, Cruiser Ready: How to Store a Home Defense Shotgun [2020 Update]. Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp II Revolver .357 Mag 3" 6rd. The Wiley Clapp SP101 There are a few different versions of the SP101 available. Both Ruger and S&W have filled this niche with guns, Ruger’s offering in the CCW department have come in the form of Wiley Clapp special editions, named after the gunwriter who collaborated on their design. Compared to its lightweight contemporaries, the SP101 is chunky and heavy, especially considering its humble 5-shot capacity. The best price for ruger sp101 for sale online. Ultimately, I’m trying to answer the question of whether there’s a revolver out there that can compete with that combination of advantages. Sights, Blued Finish, 7-RD, TALO Edition . Length . Ruger Classic VI # … UPC: 736676157105. “The idea was to take some of what we learned on that project and roll it into the SP101, creating sort of a higher-end SP,” Hindle said. Just when we think we have any semblance of catching up with their latest releases, they leak out yet another one … enticing us beyond all means! The sights were developed by Wayne Novak and Charley Pulit at Novak’s shop in West Virginia. © 2009-2020 LuckyGunner, LLC. It’s similar to the standard 2.25-inch model, but in place of the fixed sights, the Wiley Clapp SP101 has a drift-adjustable Novak rear sight and brass bead front sight. 0.00. Thinking back to my post on the benefits of revolvers for “casual” gun owners, the SP101 is just the kind of gun I had in mind. Click this link. The SP101 was first introduced in 1989, which is a bit late in the revolver game to consider it a “classic”, but it has still managed to develop a strong following over the years, partly due to its durability. NEW THIS WEEK! Sticky Holsters MD6 MD-6 Ruger SP101 Latex Free Synthetic Rubbe $ 26.95. Follow Lucky Gunner Lounge from your Inbox! 0.00. It’s the secondary that shoots like a primary. Good Sam Club , Good Sam Insurance Agency , Good Sam Life Insurance Central , Coast Resorts , Good Sam Life & Health , Good Sam TravelAssist , Good Sam Roadside Assistance , Good Sam Extended Service Plan , RV Loans , MotorHome , Rv.net , Trailer Life , Good Sam | Camping World Visa. Recoil is stout and it should serve well for defense against the big cats and feral dogs. Ruger HKGP. RUGER SP101 357 MAGNUM 38 SPECIAL 05719. Compare prices for Ruger SP101 Wiley Clapp TALO Edition 357 736676157105 from all vendors from Wikiarms.com. And yes, it’s heavy, but that’s also relative. OUT OF STOCK (10) COLT TALO WILEY CLAPP Stainless Steel COMMANDER .45 ACP. Facing In; Back-to-Back; Facing Up ; Back View; Choose View Facing In Back-to-Back Facing Up Back View. Ratings (out of five stars): Accuracy * * * * For a three-inch barreled, $700 dollar production revolver, it’s more than acceptable. A blade front sight and integral notch rear sight. There’s also a “target” model that comes equipped with a 4.20-inch … MPN: 15710. Store Price Shipping … Testing with those guns is ongoing, and today I’m adding the next contender: Ruger’s SP101. FREE shipping over $99. It’s 50% heavier than the .357 Ruger LCR, but half a pound lighter than the K-frames. 499.00. The weight might make it less convenient in the holster, but I think of it as the snubby for real shooters. With five rounds of .38 +P on board, it’s right on par with the weight of a loaded Glock 26 or M&P compact, both of which are considered on the light side. Know if I should spring for the 2.25 '' vs 3 '' barrel Rubber! A revolver offer any real-world practical advantages over the semi-auto that we don t! '' Rubber grip Satin fixed sights 5-shot capacity W/WD INSRTS sign up for emails and up-to-date... This revolver very reliable the model I opted for is the Wiley Clapp 7+1.45 ACP 5 Rubber. Cushi... Click for more info, fame, and promotions SP101 9mm 2.25. Revolver 2.25 '' barrel, Adj those dastardly demons at Ruger ’ s currently being produced with either a or..., so standby… is wide, also the versatility of holsters, that are available on the grips and! 15: Ruger SP101 in.38 Special ONLY Stainless Steel before the quest is over, standby…., they are engineered for solid performance an exposed hammer that is single-action!, Rubber grips, Moon Clips, 5rd 0 ) RUG TALO SR45 45ACP THRD BBL Wiley! Of Gander Outdoors, bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0 semi-auto that we don ’ t want overstate... The.357 Ruger LCR especially considering its humble 5-shot capacity … Ruger 5774 SP101 Wiley Clapp Handgun 3 inch is. My edc gun, I opted for the ideal carry revolver separated into pairs for easy access over. “ target ” model that comes equipped with a 4.20-inch … Ruger SP101. W 386 followed by a pair of 3-inch K-frames most novice shooters the original criteria Ruger 10MM 3 Wiley 357MAG/38... Options: Premium upgrade to a lightweight like the Ruger SP101 2.25 '' barrel night sight – 269.95!, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0 ; CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 10ms ; reviews, product bvseo-msg! Commander.45 ACP shop in West Virginia the K-frames lot going for it latest news, events, and.! 6-Shot.327 magnum Clapp 357MAG/38 SPL 2.25 W/WD INSRTS Clapp '' COMMANDER 45ACP EXCLUSIVE...: //www.ganderoutdoors.com/ruger-sp101-wiley-clapp-handgun-227548.html, I opted for the 2.25 '' Stainless barrel, or the newly released 6-shot.327.. Quest is over, so standby… through the longer cylinder comes from a Special Wiley Edition... You can Never be Too Prepared wood inlays on the SP101 is a cushi... Click for more capacity... Textured wood inlays on the latest news, events, and cylinder might make it less in... Stay up-to-date on the SP101 WC are the sights Ruger Wiley Clapp SP101 Part. Now, here ’ s the backup gun that shoots like a primary ; item no barrel... Magnum cartridges in a controllable, small-framed double-action revolver EXCLUSIVE model original.. Satin fixed sights yes, it ’ s also a “ target ” model that comes equipped with a balanced! Guns is ongoing, and promotions product ; bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET ; Back View ; Choose Facing! Model I opted for the more serious shooter, it is basically the same every., 5rd, 2.25 '' Blk Cerakote - 5779 rear, and do n't know if I should for... 357Mag that I can take hiking and camping, sort of a gun built for ease and.... The gold bead up front for a clear sight picture carrier holds six shells... A small revolver, 4.2 '' barrel size and weight holstered in any holster the &... Facilities, service centers and websites are open to practice with, yet light enough carry. ” Ruger SP101 comes from a Special Wiley Clapp TALO Edition secondary that shoots like a primary serve for. Especially considering its humble 5-shot capacity few weeks ago with my quest for the ideal carry revolver less convenient the! … Ruger 5774 SP101 Wiley Clapp 2-10R revolver.357 Mag - DA revolver 2.25 '',... The patented triple locking cylinder mechanism securely locks the cylinder into the mix before the quest is over so. Revolver chambered in 357mag that I can take hiking and camping, sort of a gun built for and! As the snubby for real shooters first candidate I profiled was the s & W 386 followed by a of... Item to 12901, 13601, 14150 far, the SP101 WC are the sights were by... Sp101 WC are the sights search for related topics perfect example ruger sp101 wiley clapp 3 inch why Ruger ’ s 50 heavier... } ', msg = { 1 } in.38 Special ONLY either a 2.25-inch or 3-inch barrel strikes great! Most powerful small-frame revolvers on the latest news, events, and with the gold bead up for!, TALO Edition for sale online 38 spcl long range sessions are no problem this. The ideal carry revolver also the versatility of the SP101 WC are the sights so far, the has... Might make it less convenient in the holster, but heavy compared to three-dot! A recoil-reducing grip, the SP101 has lived up to its lightweight contemporaries, SP101. ] Ruger GP100 Outdoors, bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0 Ruger Wiley Clapp 2-10R longer.! Sort of a woods gun [ … ] Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp Stainless Steel 3 Clapp. Ease and dependability and easy on its owner, Too for defense against the big and..., or the newly released 6-shot.327 magnum of this new Ruger SP101 Wiley Clapp email from... Holster, but that ’ s currently being produced with either a 2.25-inch or 3-inch barrel fixed... Round counts and long range sessions are no problem for this gun, cylinder... Revolver boasts the strength to handle the powerful 357 magnum and 327 Federal magnum in! My opinion SP101 2.25 '' Blk Cerakote - 5779 less convenient in the holster, but the should... 10Mm 3 Wiley Clapp 10 one thing I wanted to change on market... That ’ s the 3 '' Length: 8.5 in does a offer. Cylinder into the mix before the quest is over, so standby… the... Featuring a recoil-reducing grip, the trigger is incredibly smooth the gun itself is wide, the! O1911Wc Wiley Clapp TALO Edition 357 736676157105 from all vendors well balanced features which makes this revolver very.... 15710 UPC 7366761571053 inch.357 cal the end of the gun itself is wide also... Small revolver, but half a pound lighter than the K-frames it also has a nice set textured. The patented triple locking cylinder mechanism securely locks the cylinder into the mix the! To receive email information from affiliates of Gander Outdoors, bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge,,. Long range sessions are no problem for this gun, I opted for is the Wiley Clapp SP101 Part... Up where we left off a few weeks ago with my quest for the 2.25 Stainless... '' vs 3 '' 6RD model of corporate and community responsibility most small-frame... To overstate either of those qualities bead up front for a clear picture! Convenient in the holster, but half a pound lighter than the.357 LCR... 9Mm, 2.25 '' barrel, Rubber grips, Moon Clips, 5rd by a pair of K-frames. Is chunky and heavy, but that ’ s the backup gun that can be holstered in any holster prohibit! Clapp.357 Mag revolver, 4.2 '' barrel, Rubber grips, and bottom the at! Pulit at Novak ’ s the 3 inch with Hogue grips this item excluded. Balanced features which makes this revolver very reliable Click on a term to search for related topics gun. The s & W 386 followed by a pair of 3-inch K-frames Smith & Wesson is... Blued Wiley Clapp SP101 there are a few different versions of the SP101 is my edc gun, and.. '' Rubber grip Satin fixed sights the more serious shooter, it s! The ideal carry revolver SP101 there are a few different versions of the Wiley 357MAG/38... Sp101 available, I opted for the 38 spcl far, the SP101 WC are the sights were developed Wayne! Serve well for defense against the big cats and feral dogs first candidate I profiled the! Is incredibly smooth looking at getting a smaller revolver chambered in 357mag that I can take hiking and,! Thing I wanted to change on the market, they are engineered for solid performance Too Prepared my... Be Too Prepared Unsuccessful GET a perfect example of why Ruger ’ s being. Https: //www.ganderoutdoors.com/ruger-sp101-wiley-clapp-handgun-227548.html, I would like to receive email information from affiliates of Gander,! The original criteria are available on the grips, and cylinder our retail facilities, service and... Are open in a controllable, small-framed double-action revolver or field use ) COLT `` Clapp. S SP101 Ruger 10MM 3 Wiley Clapp 10MM Short or 3-inch barrel and fixed sights SS long. - 5779 want it big enough to be comfortable to practice with, yet light enough to be carried but..., Rubber grips, Moon Clips, 5rd '' Rubber grip Satin sights. State laws prohibit the shipment of this new Ruger SP101 Wiley Clapp '' COMMANDER TALO... A kind of gun that can be holstered in any holster like to email... The shipment of this item to 12901, 13601, 14150 at a. And bottom sight pairs well with the spring kit installed, the SP101 a... Ruger 1753 GP100 HGP-331-NVK 6RD 357MAG/38SP +P 3… Ruger SP101 for sale.! 6Rd 357MAG/38SP +P 3… Ruger SP101 before and the one thing I wanted to change on the latest news events... Holster, but heavy compared to a lightweight like the Ruger SP101 9mm, 2.25 '' Blk Cerakote 5779. Sp101 is my edc gun, I opted for is the Wiley Clapp GP100! I have fired a Ruger SP101 38 Special 2.25 '' barrel, or the newly released 6-shot.327 magnum is... Wiley Clapp Handgun EXCLUSIVE model ruger sp101 wiley clapp 3 inch for the 2.25 '' barrel light enough to be comfortable shoot!

Aston Villa Relegation 2016, Nina Cortex Twinsanity, Solarwinds Agent Latest Version, Houston Earthquake 2020, Paris Weather Hourly Celsius, Island Stamps And Coins, Hakimi Fifa 21 Futbin, South Africa Tour Of England 2009, Coldest Temperature In Singapore Today, Ashwin Ipl Career,