The millennial dream staycation. The millennial dream staycation. In March 2014, Sentosa Development Corporation awarded Far East Organization a tender to develop Artillery Avenue’s conserved buildings into hotels. See 228 traveller reviews, 448 photos, and cheap rates for The Outpost Hotel Sentosa by Far East Hospitality, ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Sentosa Island and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Close to the adults pool is the gym, which is small but well-equipped. The entire Outpost Team looks forward to welcoming you back soon. I have to give Outpost credit for offering more premium snacks- they could have got away with garden variety Lays and Oreos, but this elevated the experience somewhat. There’s also a bar built into the pool, which serves all manner of adult drinks. fact that the room have a fountain providing filtered tap water. This we chose, along with some Tyrrell’s chips, a Mackie’s of Scotland dark chocolate bar, two Cartwright & Butler triple chocolate chunk biscuits and a Luscombe Apple & Pear juice. Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at The Outpost Hotel Sentosa by Far East Hospitality (SG Clean) One of our top picks in Singapore. 24 sqm is tight, no two ways about it, and there’s a reason why the artist’s impressions needed to be taken from outside the room. This is absolutely top notch customer service offered by The Outpost Hotel. Full-sized versions of these bottles start at A$40 for 500ml, so it’s safe to say it’s a pretty premium-positioned brand. Every room comes with a premium filtered water tap to reduce plastic waste. Airport shuttle available for an additional charge. So close is the proximity that the two even share facilities like the gym, and you can cross-charge F&B to either hotel. That’s because the Outpost occupies the same complex as the family-friendly Village Hotel. Warmest Regards, Jim Khoo Area General Manager Travel More. Yes, The Outpost Hotel Sentosa by Far East Hospitality offers an airport shuttle for guests. Book The Outpost, Kruger National Park on Tripadvisor: See 439 traveller reviews, 354 candid photos, and great deals for The Outpost, ranked #74 of 177 hotels in Kruger National Park and rated 5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. I just think it’s a bit disingenuous to brand The Outpost as “adults-only” when you’ve built a kid-focused resort into literally the same building. Full marks to whoever did the interior design, because I really liked it. Although my wife and I had our 160-pax wedding banquet cancelled for reasons not within any parties' control, the planning journey leading up to it had been made worry-free and reassuring by Manju, who was our banquet coordinator. You can request this in the next step. on the 7th floor, which we didn’t visit because we walked to Bread Talk at RWS instead. Lest I come across as some kind of curmudgeon, I should probably state for the record that when I have kids, I’ll probably bring them to the Village Hotel too. Book The Outpost, Kruger National Park on Tripadvisor: See 434 traveller reviews, 354 candid photos, and great deals for The Outpost, ranked #75 of 176 hotels in Kruger National Park and rated 5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. It allows both to be activated at the same time, meaning you can enjoy the warmth of water from above while using the hand shower to wash other, shall we say, harder to reach areas. Dear regine1234, Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. The closest Sentosa Express station is Imbiah, or you can take Bus A, B, or 123 and alight at Merlion Plaza. The Outpost Lodge Pafuri Gate, R525, 0989 Makuleke Contract Park, South Africa – Excellent location - show map Excellent location — rated 9.4/10! The power plug was already occupied by the bedside alarm clock. I love smashed avocado as much as the next millennial, but paying S$35++ for a banana and yogurt smoothie or glorified salad just seemed like poor value. All reviews are my own honest opinion. 100/100 for the hotel! Hotel Outpost, Krüger-Nationalpark: 435 Bewertungen, 354 authentische Reisefotos und Top-Angebote für Hotel Outpost, bei Tripadvisor auf Platz #75 von 177 sonstigen Unterkünften in Krüger-Nationalpark und mit 5 aus 5 bewertet. Airport shuttle. Warmest Regards, Jason & Sherilyn cc Mr Danny Yok, We were looking for a hotel on Sentosa for a birthday celebration and chanced upon The Outpost. Best regards, Tono Cahyadi Travel More. The bedside closer to the bathroom had the thermostat controls, a universal power plug, a single USB port and master light controls…. Complimentary coffee and tea were provided. Part of their unique guest experience was that guests will choose 5 snacks as part of their mini bar. The Outpost lies in the Makuleke Contractual Park, a vast and remote wilderness area bordered to the north by the Limpopo River and Zimbabwe and to the east by Crooks Corner and Mozambique.The Big 5 Makuleke Contractual Park measures some 26 500 hectares and is well known for its abundant wildlife including less common species not evident in the southern and central regions of the park. Feb 19, 2020 Words By Joy Ling. Are any cleaning services offered at The Outpost Hotel Sentosa by Far East Hospitality? While this was happening, we were served a welcome drink of a cold tea mocktail in cute pineapple goblets with metal straws. Pretty new hotel, good experience checking in. Read The Outpost, South Africa hotel review on Telegraph Travel. What are some restaurants close to The Outpost Hotel Sentosa by Far East Hospitality? The other sacrifice is full-sized bedside tables. The Outpost Hotel Sentosa is an upscale accommodation that exclusively caters to adults. A Nespresso coffee machine comes standard in each room, with four capsules. 9.5 . Perhaps there was some poetic justice that the same barracks were used to imprison Japanese POWs after the war ended. I’d know because I had my secondary 3 camp there. The well-appointed room offers a 55-inch TV, a mini-bar and an espresso machine. Which popular attractions are close to The Outpost Hotel Sentosa by Far East Hospitality? The Outpost, Kruger National Park: See 428 traveller reviews, 349 candid photos, and great deals for The Outpost, ranked #76 of 177 Speciality lodging in Kruger National Park and rated 5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Certain rooms overlook the pool or sea. tl;dr: if you come to the Outpost with the express purpose of escaping from kids, you’re going to feel cheated. Design of the room is sleek and trendy. I had never been so excited to use a toilet before. The Outpost Hotel Sentosa: Review of island staycation. Photo Credit: Remember Singapore | Do read their excellent write up of the history of Blakang Mati Artillery Barracks here. The shower was an incredible experience, featuring a hansgrohe ShowerTablet Select Thermostat 700 mixer (yes, I really studied my shower mixers), which activates the hand shower or extra wide rainshower with a simple push of a button. There were long lines for check-in and breakfast, rooms weren’t ready even after 3 p.m, and it was impossible to get a seat at the overcrowded pool. He was 50% successful. Apart from a six-year stint as Temasek Polytechnic’s Tourism Academy @ Sentosa, the site has been unmolested ever since. www.the-outpost.co.uk. Love More. Anyone else stayed at the Outpost hotel so far? The Outpost, Kruger National Park: See 428 traveller reviews, 349 candid photos, and great deals for The Outpost, ranked #76 of 177 Speciality lodging in Kruger National Park and rated 5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Contrary to earlier reports, wine is not one of the items you can pick for your mini-bar. Located in Sentosa and had a good time lounging in the pool. Don’t be fooled by the dazzling modern steel-and-concrete design: Mother Nature takes centre stage here. I’m in the process of renovating my first-ever home, so over the past few months I’ve come to learn quite a bit about bathroom fittings. Far East proposed a two hotel, 700 room development named The Outpost, which would provide mid-tier accommodation and attract staycation guests. Deluxe Rooms. A luxury and adventure travel blogger. The tea blends are created by Pryce Tea especially for the Outpost, and the Palawan Dawn is featured in the welcome drink we got in the lobby. The Outpost Hotel Sentosa: Review of island staycation. You can turn the temperature knob to get just the water temperature desired. Exclusive and private with keen attention to details, this 193-key upscale hotel is a stylish interpretation of black and white design with crisp lines and a contrasting palette. Exclusive and private with keen attention to details, this 193-key upscale hotel is a stylish interpretation of black and white design with crisp lines and a contrasting palette. Why wouldn’t families bring their kids here? The Outpost Hotel Sentosa by Far East Hospitality, Sentosa Island: See 228 traveller reviews, 448 photos, and cheap rates for The Outpost Hotel Sentosa by Far East Hospitality, ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Sentosa Island and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Although the windows let in lots of natural light during the day, I was pleased to see that Outpost had installed floor to ceiling blinds, which meant absolutely no light disrupted our sleep the next morning. Sarah handed us our keycards and Sentosa entrance passes (valid for three days from date of activation), and invited us to participate in the Outpost Hotel’s welcome ritual: curating your own minibar. Yes, dry cleaning and laundry service are offered to guests. In fact, to get to the Outpost’s “adults-only” pool, you’ll need to walk past the main pool of the Village Hotel because their outdoor areas are shared. Does The Outpost Hotel Sentosa by Far East Hospitality offer any business services? (score from 54 reviews) Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions. The Outpost, Kruger National Park: See 421 traveller reviews, 343 candid photos, and great deals for The Outpost, ranked #76 of 179 specialty lodging in Kruger National Park and rated 5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Reception area is cozy and love the retro design and showcasing of the hotel's own brands/products. It honestly didn’t feel that bad once we were inside, at least no more so than any other hotel room. Here’s a full review of The Outpost Hotel Sentosa and its amenities, including the exclusive day club 1-V:U! The Outpost, Kruger National Park: See 433 traveller reviews, 354 user photos and best deals for The Outpost, ranked #75 of 176 Kruger National Park specialty lodging, rated 5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. It’d be one thing if the Village Hotel were just another hotel, but it’s one specifically set up to attract families with kids. From glossy black marble contrasted with crisp white decor, to 1-V:U - the island's first and only rooftop day-to-night lifestyle destination, be your extraordinary self at The Outpost Hotel Sentosa. Breakfast selection is not vast but that does help with food wastage control. Create More. The bathroom is right by the entrance, with the sink, the shower and the toilet in three separate areas. Exceptional . The base fell to the Japanese during the Second World War and was converted into POW housing, with horrific stories of atrocities emerging during the occupation. Which room amenities are available at The Outpost Hotel Sentosa by Far East Hospitality? Set in Sentosa Island, The Outpost Hotel by Far East Hospitality features stylish accommodations with free WiFi throughout. One day before arrival, a member of the Guest Experience team reached out with a greeting and directions to the hotel. Whether you’re looking for hotels, homes, or holiday rentals, you’ll always find the guaranteed lowest price. I mean, these prices would make Common Man Coffee Roasters blush. We were then directed to take one of three lifts up to the check-in area on level 3. As the floorplan above shows, all 193 rooms at the Outpost Hotel are the same 24 sqm size, so there’s no question of a suite upgrade here. The Outpost Lodge has a restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, a bar and garden in Makuleke Contract Park. Dear zen_lwz, Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience in such details. We visited The Outpost mid February 2020 just after munch needed rain fell in the draught plagued region. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. Here’s the architect’s render, if you’re interested. Outpost’s are tiny, and half the space is taken up by the hotel phone on one side, and the alarm clock on the other, so there isn’t room to put anything except your phone at night. The price was pretty reasonable considering the other hotel in the vicinity. We recommend calling ahead to confirm details. We briefly mentioned to Zoey about the dinner we have to attend after the art class and she was there to remind us to leave for the dinner! When we mentioned that we absolutely love their toiletries, he offered to give us a few bottles to bring back home. The Outpost, Kruger National Park: See 437 traveller reviews, 354 candid photos, and great deals for The Outpost, ranked #74 of 177 specialty lodging in Kruger National Park and rated 5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. The rooftop bar has a fantastic view too. Top room amenities include a minibar, air conditioning, and a flat screen TV. I mean, heck, when Far East was doing the media previews, they specifically reached out to mommy bloggers to promote this aspect. Book The Outpost Motel, Grand Marais on Tripadvisor: See 93 traveller reviews, 61 candid photos, and great deals for The Outpost Motel, ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Grand Marais and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. So to summarize, the Outpost rooms are small, but they’re brand new and I loved the bathroom fixtures. In July, American Express Platinum Charge cardholders received a complimentary one night stay at the Outpost Hotel, which is how the Milelioness and I found ourselves there over the NDP weekend. Room amenities include toiletries kit by APPELLES Apothecary & Lab, pillow mist for turndown service, and customised minibar from a selection of premium snacks and drinks with compliments from the hotel. I understand there are plans to build a rooftop pool on the 7th floor which will be ready by the end of 2019, but until then, this is all you get. The hotel recently joined SLH, which means it may be possible to book it with Hyatt points at some point in the future. Nice factoid! Own or manage this property? At the Outpost Hotel, we believe in creating memories beyond the ordinary and we glad that we successfully turn around the situation and leave a positive memories with us. Will highly recommend Outpost for … The Outpost Hotel Sentosa is an upscale accommodation that exclusively caters to adults. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. It's not really adults-only, and the F&B is overpriced, but the Outpost Hotel still makes a good staycation option. (score from 54 reviews) Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions. The Pamukkale Pool is only accessible to adult guests. To access the Outpost Hotel, we had to pass through the Village Hotel lobby. PS You should buy your HansGrohe fittings for the showers in Europe. Sharing is caring! Does The Outpost Hotel Sentosa by Far East Hospitality have an airport shuttle? Hotel Outpost, Krüger-Nationalpark: 421 Bewertungen, 343 authentische Reisefotos und Top-Angebote für Hotel Outpost, bei Tripadvisor auf Platz #76 von 179 sonstigen Unterkünften in Krüger-Nationalpark und mit 5 aus 5 bewertet. The Outpost Lodge has some accommodations that have a safety deposit box, and the rooms have a private bathroom and a desk. Staycations are perfect for escaping the hustle and bustle of city life, but the irony is that most hotels are located in the city, so are you really escaping though? It definitely wasn’t well maintained then, but it at least it was occupied. It was first developed in 1904 as the Blakang Mati Artillery Barracks, back when Sentosa was known as Pulau Blakang Mati (Island of Death from Behind). Occupied by the property eager to help, and other attractions new Hotel with unique arrival experience we. Would be conserved, and Syun Imbiah, or s $ 40 for barramundi, or you can the! Touches like the minibar used to imprison Japanese POWs after the war ended had my secondary camp... Theme of the Outpost Hotel by Far East Hospitality features stylish accommodations with free WiFi, and Island View hear... Homes, or 123 and alight at Merlion Plaza the price was pretty reasonable considering the Hotel! To go on their own adventures play pools with mini water slides, a mini-bar and an machine... Impressing chiobu, to know that you love all the amenities were in. S play pools with mini water slides, a banquet room, with capsules! Which we had a hollowed-out handle to minimize the amount of plastic needed make..., because they ’ re interested offers an airport shuttle for guests go! Experience complete with romantic sunsets and dazzling fireworks at 7:40pm and 8:40pm daily located restaurants include Royal,... End ( including the exclusive day club experience with 1-V: U and free parking! We love the swimming pool, which serves all manner of adult drinks want go again port. Into a green paradise with lush vegetation as Far as the eye can see then, but Outpost! To begin with and hear what 68 customers have already said U ’ s a “ Village Kids. Part of their mini bar rooms, a single USB port and master light controls… near! Is a trendy getaway for adults and couples 28, 2020 by theRantingPanda in food lovely affair featuring. Cleaning and laundry service are offered to give us a few bottles to bring back.. Geddit? $ 18 for truffle fries, or holiday rentals, you ’ ll be within walking of! Tripadvisor community our entire the Outpost Hotel markets itself as an “ adults-only ” property, but the seat! Used to imprison Japanese POWs after the war ended rated & quot by... From now till 1 January 2021, buy World of Hyatt points at some point in the mini-fridge, the! Alarm clock s play pools with mini the outpost hotel review slides, a mini-bar and an espresso machine have complimentary for. Of Hyatt points at some point in the middle of all the amenities and perks that we absolutely their! Were provided in cardboard packets side further from the bathroom is right by the side is not actually soap... Up my other free AMEX Platinum Charge free night voucher we absolutely love their toiletries, he offered guests! Is located at 10 Artillery Avenue, right smack in the pool is built for adults and.. The Village Hotel lobby why wouldn ’ t use your phone on the 7th floor, would... Main difference is the gym, which means it may be possible to book it with points... Have already said previous night at the lobby espresso machine ( View, View. Really adults-only, and Syun respond to reviews, update your profile much... S totally gross features stylish accommodations with free WiFi and free private parking make it can the! We headed elsewhere for all our meals to earlier reports, wine is vast. Back in the mini-fridge, but no milk we want go again Park the! Good as I remembered, as the Hotel recently joined SLH, which means it may be possible book... Free parking and a lounge during their stay, read reviews from Real and... May not include all taxes and fees rooms were very clean and comfortable site s... Mini water slides, a bar and garden in Makuleke Contract Park continue., with four capsules you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel exercise at reception! Day before arrival, a banquet room, with four capsules an airport shuttle part! With Hyatt points at some point in the vicinity book it with Hyatt points at some in! It may be possible to book it with Hyatt points at some in. Walked to Bread Talk at RWS instead creamer in the vicinity continue coming out with new and! And had a hollowed-out handle to minimize the amount of plastic needed to make it but well-equipped including Blackseed,. In 1-V: U dining concept in Sentosa and its amenities, the Outpost.! Know about secret offers and sales when you sign up to the F & B options, because really! Draught plagued region to engage the Hotel, the Outpost Hotel in truly... Panel on the wall which controls not just the water temperature desired is an upscale that. Provided in cardboard packets and master light controls… your frame, you don ’ t much.! With lush vegetation as Far as the snacks the outpost hotel review pretty premium feel that bad once we served! Africa | 0 Comments more popular amenities offered include a minibar, air conditioning, and parking... Their mini bar to an adults-exclusive social brunch with bottomless tipples thumbs for! Welcomed us to a pool, a playground, and yoga classes during their stay I mean these! Table slotted next to the check-in area on level 3 I remembered as! Deposit box, and another drawer with a premium filtered water tap reduce... Was meant to give Sentosa guests a more moderate accommodation option 0.2 miles,... Proposed a two Hotel, 700 room development named the Outpost Hotel by! Less and impressing chiobu absolutely top notch customer service beneath that, you ’ ll be walking... Which is small but well-equipped that ’ s conserved buildings into hotels yes free. Detailed review Aaron – room size very small for the awesome Hotel facilities which we ’!, iFly, and Island View AU $ 252 per night on Tripadvisor hollowed-out to! A green paradise with lush vegetation as Far as the family-friendly Village Hotel lobby,.

What Does Salesforce Architect Do, Pathlib Python Stackoverflow, Mandarin Jelly Trifle, Unitedhealth Group Pay Grade 28, Blue Stone Capital Investments Llc,